71 Duster 340 vs. 73 Dart Swinger Bench Seat Question

-

shg340

Reaction score
Can someone confirm or tell me how to verify if a bench seat from a 1973 Swinger will interchange correctly with a 1971 Duster? Looking to get my Duster back to more appropriate Factory Built specs and the buckets in her now did not come with the vehicle originally. I have located a Bench Seat from a 1973 Dart Swinger but not sure if it will interchange with my 71 Duster seat mounting position. Can anyone help or suggest how I can verify fit? Thanks Folks...

It will fit, but there are differences.

1973 Darts Swinger seats - http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1973/73_Dart0002.jpg

1971 Duster seats have variations, but you can research your interior code at The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1971 Plymouth Color & Trim Book - Valiant/Duster
The seat I’m looking at is the standard Dart seat without armrest. My Duster came with the standard Bench seat as well based on the build sheet. Dimension wise then, you are saying its a direct fit swap?

The seat I’m looking at is the standard Dart seat without armrest. My Duster came with the standard Bench seat as well based on the build sheet. Dimension wise then, you are saying its a direct fit swap?

Thanks for the Info Alaskan TA, in rechecking my build sheet, and your info, I confirmed that my Duster did in fact come with the Bench Seat that had a center Armrest after all. Appreciate you sharing the info you did. Regards...I anyone has a bench seat with Armrest (code L4), i’m Interested. Will have a set of Buckets to sell or trade for the correct Bench seat for my 71

I have one from a '70, but the '71s used different headrests & I am not sure if they interchange?

-
Back