71 Duster converted to a 70'

-

OldmanRick

Reaction score
Threw this together about 30 yrs ago. :thumbsup:

upload_2022-4-2_20-25-28.jpeg

Last edited:
If i recall, i left the stripe package off and used a magic marker for the side stripe and blacked out the center of the grill. Don't have it anymore, but i tried to make a copy of my buds 70 from back in 1974.

upload_2022-4-2_20-51-37.jpeg

Mr. OldmanRick, i noticed your buddies 70 looks green in color, and the two 70's projects i have are also green originally but mine way back then was Red. I wonder how many green ones their were?
Also did you know the Cuda Nextdoor?

Green was really popular with Mopar in that day. Not sure how many were made total. The 70' Duster was F8, the dark green. Seen a hand full of 340 cars in F8 & F4 "medium" green. I'm just a "green" guy, i really like them.

As far as the Cuda, he was my Mopar mentor. Bought the car new, 340 Cuda, and built it up over the first few years. Last i was around it in the late 80"s, it was still streetable and went 12.70 @108 with big hyd. cam, bolt ons and 5.12 gears...:). Hooked tight on the street and taught a lot of big blocks what for.

I have a few pics, but can't get them to load:BangHead:

Last edited:
Mr. OldmanRick, i noticed your buddies 70 looks green in color, and the two 70's projects i have are also green originally but mine way back then was Red. I wonder how many green ones their were?
Also did you know the Cuda Nextdoor?
We will never know. There were no production figure breakdowns for color.

Sure was a bunch of fun back then.
A bunch of my buddy all had mopars and we got together and had a great time on most weekends.

I'm with you Toolman, the two i picked up one has a fender tag says it was originally green and the second is green with no tag. The third one is an unusual color not seen a lot. Its a 71 in Winchester Gray poly, which it will go back to if i have my way.

Rick, i apologize for hijacking your thread. I just noticed the forum. Your first picture of the 70 Duster is a great looking model. I had to put my glasses on and expand the picture to see it is a model. Well done.

-
Back