71 Duster finds a new home in Toronto!!!

-

canajien

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I've been lurking around the site for a few months reading up and gathering info before purchasing a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport and I finally got a 71 Duster.

The most important thing I decided from reading was to avoid the last model year as the floor pan changed, making it difficult to sort seat sliders etc...

My car started life as a leaning tower of power and sometime in the 80s was turned into a drag car and pretty much stripped out, it now has:

Big block 400 bored out to 451
391 rear with sure grip
3500 stall speed torque converter
&
Fibreglass hood with a huge scoop, among other things

The gent I bought it from got it 18 years ago and then made it street able, removed the roll cage etc...

Due to the size of the engine, the inner fenders are long gone, so no fender tag can be found in the usual spot, so I can't find the paint code, if anyone knows anywhere else the info may be that would be appreciated.

I've seen some scans of the paint chip sheets but being old etc... it's hard to tell if my car's suit matches any of the colours.

Here's a picture in case anyone thinks they may be able to ID the colour. Right now it's at a mechanic about 40 mins north of Toronto, which is close to where I bought it, so it can get safeties as I want to drive it home and not trailer it.

I think it looks a bit like true blue?!?

Thanks

e37078fc-43aa-4bfd-a36c-c38ef75523cf~2.jpg

Welcome from Alberta
Great looking Duster!
Color looks a lot like a late model variation. Just my .02
I tend to agree with you after finding a few more scans of the colour chips.

I think I'm gonna have to take it to some kind of paint savant, or at least someone with a scanner who really knows their mixing and can fine tune the formula. It may have been given a full spray in the 90s when it was turned into a drag car.

The previous owner thought it may have been Jamaica Blue Metallic, but the touch up he got is definitely not a match.

Welcome from California! Enjoy the heck out of that car and share it with your kids!

Thanks everyone, there's a slight overheating issue, but I'm actually enjoying the process of sorting that out right now, beats the heck out of staring at a computer as it sucks your soul while at the job!!!

-
Back