71 Duster...just to throw this into the mix....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice car, but I'm confused... What does "NOS" mean? I always thought it was "new old stock" or "new original stock", meaning it was an original part that has not been used (i.e., sitting on a shelf, whatever). Obviously not, at least in this case, as they are talking about "2 NOS rear tires".

Can someone clarify, please?

nice car, but I'm confused... What does "NOS" mean? I always thought it was "new old stock" or "new original stock", meaning it was an original part that has not been used (i.e., sitting on a shelf, whatever). Obviously not, at least in this case, as they are talking about "2 NOS rear tires".

Can someone clarify, please?

New Old Stock......people use that term a little too much...it makes it sound like they found the stock item. But it is most of the time a recreation there of. Made new to look like old stock

This is not my car....I put it up there to show the $$$$$ differences that are going on out in the world

I knew it was not your car. Just was currious about the term NOS. Based on what I thought I knew, they would be never-used 38 year old tires?

Thanks for the clarification...

30,000 reserve not met
not "low buck muscle" in my world.

I don't think that car is finished well enough to be worth that much money. Look at the underside and wheel wells and the rust and bad finish.

30,000 reserve not met
not "low buck muscle" in my world.

Which is hilarous, because in that issue, they've got a 340 in good condition listed for 11.5k

Somone didn't bother reading the mag he covered.

i agree, the car is very nice, 30k worth, not todays market, i would have felt asking this much would at the least warrant a clean up, i think in the 20s though, low mile, cool color, and almost all original, pretty cool

New Old Stock......people use that term a little too much...it makes it sound like they found the stock item. But it is most of the time a recreation there of. Made new to look like old stock

This is not my car....I put it up there to show the $$$$$ differences that are going on out in the world

EDIT: sorry, you didnt do what i thought you did..

Actually, you posted this up here to try to make some money on your affiliate link... Come on.

Sorry....WRONG!

Next question!

I don't have anything for sale but my boat.

Keeping all the cars.......

I bet you the car sells!!!!! For "big" dollars

Cars like that ......basically untouched original don't come
around offen. That is why there is so much action on the car.
It's a keeper in my opinion. Cars are original only once.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

img118.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back