71 duster twister restore (lots of pictures)

-
i agree all the 71 twisters were 318 or 6 but in 72 they did too have 340 twisters

you sure about that? i know that i have read in numerous places that a twister have ya the looks without the driveline. have any info that shows it?

im pretty sure. i believe they were built for canada (im talkin about 72).... anyway i got the bay in primer.

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

negative on the 8 3/4 a 225 and 904 theres no reason to put a 8.75 under there ....that would be like putting a jet engine on the wrightbrothers airplane. no need:-D

Then again... It is always good to know that you can! :cheers:

By the way... Looking good!

twisters never had a 340. only a 318 or 6 cyl.all it was was an appearance package . gave the looks of a 340 car with out the insurance cost.

This i know..they came with rallye dash,8 3/4 rear,dual exhaust, 318 instead of the 340..thats why they were called twisters and not 340 dusters..i've seen more then a few of them and never with a 340...

thank you machoramcharger for showing a 72 twister 340. maybe that clears up some of the confusion.

well i got a little bit more done on the engine bay... im goin on vacation for almost 3 weeks so i had to get it to a point i can stop for a while...i got the runs from prime round 1 sanded out and also layed some bodyfiller in the pitted areas. then i got the second spray of epoxy on there. next will be the high build prime and sanding. here are some pictures.

bondo1.jpg

bondo 4.jpg

sand1.jpg

sand 2.jpg

sand3.jpg

sand4.jpg

spray 1.jpg

spray2.jpg

spray3.jpg

spray 4.jpg

Great find and restoration. If it were me I'd go 340 or bigger. You dont see too many slant 6 restorations. Keep up the great work. Looks awesome!

Here's a really nice 340 72 twister survivor, very nice car. http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5023423&an=0&page=0#Post5023423

Also wanted to say great buy on your blue duster, love it!!! If you want some cool blue 71 seat covers for it I know where's there's some at. There the ones with the blue plaid inserts. If I had a blue 71 duster I would of bought them. They were for sale on here as well.

i think thats one of our members cars.
its a 72 340 car.
NOT A TWISTER IF THERES NO A51 ON THE FENDER TAG.

-
Back