71 plymouth duster 340 car $500 or scrapyard is goes

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unlike the other Sell or Crush threads...

He is only asking $500. The car is a shell. He needs it gone.

He is not using "crushing" as a threat to motivate a buyer. $500 is most likely close to the scrap value.

Anyone could buy it for what he is asking and be out nothing.

(A good question is... Does it have the fender tag, vin tag and title? If not it really doesn't matter if it was a 340 car.)

1968FormulaS340, I see your point. I guess I just get pissed off anytime I see the words "mopar" and "crushed" in the same sentence. I guess I never really think about someone having to just get the thing gone. I'm going to say SORRY for my post.

This is unlike the other Sell or Crush threads...

He is only asking $500. The car is a shell. He needs it gone.

He is not using "crushing" as a threat to motivate a buyer. $500 is most likely close to the scrap value.

Anyone could buy it for what he is asking and be out nothing.

(A good question is... Does it have the fender tag, vin tag and title? If not it really doesn't matter if it was a 340 car.)

It is DEFINATLY NOT close to $500 SCRAP Value. Do the math...Scrap car weight pays about $50-80 a tone in the whole of north america. a car with NO engine tranny or diff isn't guna fetch much more than $50 with a gas tank full of water...he won't send the good fenders with it, he will take them off, and sell them seperatly...but the 340 4 spd car will be gone forever.

Hey buddie, sell it to one of the 3 people here that say that they will give you $500. I don't know why you would start a thread like this then suddenly stop, I have seen your threads befor, and talked to you on them beform you havn't disapeared then, why are you gone now????

Phil

I'm looking for an inexpensive car to build. I have the $500.00 cash to give him for the car as long as it is what he says it is. :clock:

It is DEFINATLY NOT close to $500 SCRAP Value. Do the math...Scrap car weight pays about $50-80 a tone in the whole of north america. a car with NO engine tranny or diff isn't guna fetch much more than $50 with a gas tank full of water...he won't send the good fenders with it, he will take them off, and sell them seperatly...but the 340 4 spd car will be gone forever.

Hey buddie, sell it to one of the 3 people here that say that they will give you $500. I don't know why you would start a thread like this then suddenly stop, I have seen your threads befor, and talked to you on them beform you havn't disapeared then, why are you gone now????

Phil

My point being......

Most people that use the sell or crush thing are price gouging with a fear tactic.

His price is reasonable (he will trade for parts) even if its a shell. (if it has a vin, title, and fender tag)

If the vin, title, and fender tag are gone its scrap anyway, even if it was a 340 car.

My point being......

Most people that use the sell or crush thing are price gouging with a fear tactic.

His price is reasonable (he will trade for parts) even if its a shell. (if it has a vin, title, and fender tag)

If the vin, title, and fender tag are gone its scrap anyway, even if it was a 340 car.

Still, I would think that there are quite a bit of usefull parts on it even if it had no vin of tags...fenders, pedals, hump, doors, K member.

By the sounds of it I don't think anyone will see the end...or the car.

I talked with the original poster about the car, he said it was missing the dash vin and fender tag, but the door vin was present and it has a title. He also said the car was originally an auto. that was converted to 4 spd. I was thinking of getting the car, but it has no rear and I don't have a car trailer to haul it on, only a car dolly. So since its not a rolling car, I have no way of getting it.

No rear, no problem. I just put a new Warn winch on my trailer for this purpose. I also have a rear to put into it to make a roller/driver out of it.

Dartforforty, I'm only 45 minutes from this guy and I told him and his friend i'll take it for that 500 bucks, after 10 pm's to him, none answered and his friend saying he will tell him I'm ready with cash and a trailer still no word back !
So Either this guy is full of crap or the car is a little fishy if you know what I mean............

The Legend
Tim

ALRIGHT GUYYS im here and gonna ask questions srry between work and school its hard somtimes to find time to go on the comp give me a sec and it will all be answer'd !!!!!

OKay soo the car does not have a/c or a black topp ... I am located in nassau county longisland by great neck , roslyn , manhassate,queens

Dartforforty, I'm only 45 minutes from this guy and I told him and his friend i'll take it for that 500 bucks, after 10 pm's to him, none answered and his friend saying he will tell him I'm ready with cash and a trailer still no word back !
So Either this guy is full of crap or the car is a little fishy if you know what I mean............

The Legend
Tim

dude were both busy working and going to college full time. And also the fact that its midterm week doesnt help. I told you if i spoke to him i would pass it along. Nothing is fishy i have seen the car physically. Just been really really busy thats all.

the car does not have any rear in it , b/c i need'd to use it for my build, and its missing the shark tooth grill it does still have the old panels inter side panels in it, headliner is saging ( ALL BLACK INTER ) with the 340 seat belts on the roof ( shoulder belts ) no dash cover ( rubber) no carpet / seats .... has gastank . has Small block k frame , has all windows - trim --- the car was original - Citron Yellaa .... was primerd but now the yellow is fadeing through the primer

Thanks JOE !!!!! yeh guys im 19yrs old building a 440 duster and working parttime , and school full time, its not stoeln there noting fishy , at all i just have to many cars and can care less

So who's first in line for this. Any takers I don't want to step on anyones toes?

Theres been a few complaints on you NOT ANSWERING YOUR PM'S!

3/25 you start this thread, it's now 4/1 and a few guys have expressed concern over this car.

Come on now Angelo !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back