-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatnik

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, well I think my Dad and I want to move onto a something else so the Scamps for sale. Here's the details below. I bought it earlier this year from a fellow member and have since sunk more $ into it (which always happens right? LOL) so I'm not looking to make money on it, just get what I feel is a fair price based on what I've done with it.

'71 Plymouth "Scamp" asking $9000obo (negotiable)

- 360 Magnum motor from a 2003 Dodge Ram truck
- Stock internals, converted to carb w/ a Air-Gap intake and 650 Speed Demon
- Headers and dual 2.5" exhaust w/ an H-pipe crossover, Turbo mufflers
- Runs strong
- Holley Blue pump w/ 1/2" line. Nice braided line and AN fittings throughout.
- Lot's off nice parts: New alternator, New performance distributor from Don @ FBO, MSD Digital 6 box, March serpentine belt drive, MP valve covers, Repo Mopar maint. free battery.
- Built 904 auto w/ 9.5" 4000 stall convertor, braided cooler lines and AN fittings w/ QD's
- Reverse manual valve body w/ Hurst shifter
- Steering column swapped to get rid of column shift
- 8 3/4 rear w/ 4.30 Sure-Grip
- New Speedo pinion gear/seal
- Car will burn the tires through 1st gear and get 2nd gear rubber easily. It's quick.
- Brand new 15x6 & 15x7 wheels from Specialty Wheel painted body color to match w/ new 205/65 radials up front and good 235/60 MT Drag Radials out back
- Show quality like new Plymouth Division caps
- Vinyl top is nice and recently dyed black

I drive this car everywhere and get compliments all the time. I just took it to the Woodward Dream Cruise and it sat in heavy stop/go traffic all weekend with no issues. Starts right up hot or cold, and doesnt get hot in traffic at all. Holds temp at 180 and voltage at about 14volts...acts like a late model Magnum motor should.

Exterior is an older re-paint in the org. Sherwood Green Metallic. It's presentable and I buffed it out real good and it looks good. But it's not show quality by any means. It's a driver. Chrome, bumpers etc all in real nice shape. All lights work inside and out. Interior is in good orig. shape. No tears/splits etc in seats, new Legendary front bench cover. Dash perfect, gauges work, carpet not torn or frayed but not new. Underside has factory undercoating on it. Overall it's pretty solid, no visible rust or holes, 1/2 dollar size bubbling in lower rear qtr's starting to show. Hood has a qtr size spot that's a small ding w/ touch up paint on it. That being said, I take it to all the local shows, cruises etc...but to be a nice show car it could use a little bodywork and a fresh paint job.

It could use upper/lower ball joints. I bought some and they will go with the car. Does have a new cernterlink, and tie rods. Leaf springs are orig too, could be replaced but they get the job done still. If it doesnt sell my next project this winter will probably be suspension and maybe a disc brake swap.

PM me if yer' interested! Thanks FABO...

Link to my Craigslist ad w/ my # if you want to call me..feel free.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/1944438647.html

Car is located in Kalamazoo, MI. I can put a buyer in touch with a couple guys that ship cars for a very reasonable price if need be....or come get her and driver her home if you want!

Thanks Adam...I like the color combo too...the black stripe I just put on. It really set it off I think even though it's "technically" for a Dart. But...my Dad and I really want a '68 Dart or a Demon...so we are thinking we'll sell the Scamp. It's a REALLY fun car though.

I love green Mopars, The black stripe and top look great on it too. Seems like a fun street strip car. Any idea what cam is in it ?

If I had $9000 this would be my car.

Thx Adam - Motor internals are all stock. So it's the stock roller cam...they are pretty mild. It's got lot's of torque though. I'm a Magnum motor believer now...the roller cam and improved cyl head tech is awsome. It pulls like a bear to 5500rpm.

Yea, prev owner ran 13.8 w/ a 1.9 60ft time....was basically out of motor at 1000ft w/ the 4.30 gears. LOL... it sure is fun on the street though! It's got mid-low 13's in it with maybe a taller tire.

I had a Jeep with a 5.2L magnum and was always impressed with how it pulled. I can imagine the 5.9 in an a body would be fun.

with 4.30s and that converter its dying for the 380hp Mopar cam though.

I'll be playing lotto this week. I want this thing in my garage.

Good luck w/ the Lotto...I've never won!

Yea, I agree. It needs either that cam or a good Hughes cam. Hughes spec'd me out a nice cam for it and I have the part#. So if I end up not selling it, I may order that and a set of Iron Ram heads for it. Get the powerband to better match the gears and go run mid 12's!

Just my opinion but you're way underpriced,very nice.

What is that on the front upper corner of the front fender....looks like a light...just curious?
Nice Dart.

bigdemo- Thx, I think I'm being pretty fair. I've got about that into...so if I get that, great.

Texas Dart - I replaced the "V-Eight" emblems w/ "V8 Magnum" late model emblems...just my little touch I put on it. Also put 73-74 Scamp emblems on the side that I repainted black in place of the normal 71-72 decals...

Darblower - Yea, same car. I bought it off Bill for pretty close to that price, and have since put more $ into changes/improvements etc...thus the reason for the increased asking price. I feel it's a pretty fair starting point based on what I have in it.

:love7: Thought about this car all day. Forgot to get lotto tickets though.

Adam man, I wish we could work something out. I'd love for it to go to a guy like you who loves these Scamps...lemme know if you want to.

bigdemo - Where you at? Curious...

Thanks Beatnik, unfortunately I have 2 car payments killing me right now. I think Im pretty much out of luck for the next few years.

Adam - No problem, I understand!

Thanks again for the compliments. I've worked on changing things around on the exterior quite a bit to get the look I wanted. Sort of a "if Plymouth made a 340 Swinger" version of the Scamp. Removed the white pinstriping down the sides, dyed the top from faded green to black, new rims/tires, flat black "Bumble bee stripe" added, bumperettes removed, decals switched to 73-74 emblems I repainted etc, etc...The only thing I'd like to have are a set of dual scoops for the hood...then I think the look would be absolutely perfect. (IMO) :-D

...that's not even getting into mechanicals and engine related items I upgraded/changed...

Sharktooth grill would look awesome. I would probably skip the scoops myself and make under the hood a little more stock looking.

Yea Sharkstooth grill would be sweet! If they were not so god awful expensive I'd do it!

I agree w/ underhood stock look. It's "in process" right now. I painted a chrome air cleaner flat black and added the "360 Magnum" pie tin...and the green top battery replaced the Optima red top. FBO distributor replaced the MSD mech. unit. I was going to paint the intake blue to match the block and maybe even sell the black MP valve covers and get a set of stock Magnum valve covers and paint 'em blue too...again to look like a 340 motor would have...I'd like to get a 70-71 340 air cleaner! But again, they are WAY expensive.

I paid $250 for my 70-71 air cleaner and another $250 for the scoops when I did the Dart. Not cheap. I think early valve covers will bolt up to magnum, heads you just need to leave the extra bolts out.

Heres the motor I did for my Scamp, It dyno'd at 480hp.

IM000250.jpg

I split my time between Nova Scotia and Alberta,if we were closer I would be interested,that being said I would still have to get rid of something as I'm out of room now.

Adam that's badass! I love a stock looking motor that's built to the hilt inside. That's exactly the look I'm shooting for. Kinda like the F.A.S.T. guys do...I'll cont. to slowly change it if it doesnt sell. I also love the Tawney Gold color...

...and why did you ever get rid of your Scamp...?

I'll have to try the LA valve covers on Mag heads trick maybe...never thought about it. I do like how well the Mag covers seal w/ the extra bolts though too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back