71 scamp front drum to disc conversion

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of converting my 71 scamps front drums to discs and just wanted to know what parts i will need for the conversion...the car is an original slant 6 car and it will be getting a 340...im still not sure if im going to get the small block k member or if im just going to use the /6 k member and put on some mounts? Will the k member make a difference in which parts i need to use, and if so, which would be easier or more cost effective?

thanks

mshred I just did this conversion this winter. k member won't make any difference at this point. You will need large balljoint upper control arms,disc brake spindles plus brakets rotors and calipers. Your lower control arms are ok.
Try to score all parts needed from one car or look for doner car-parts are getting expensive.

thanks dusterny....I know that 73 and up a-bodies come with discs, but do all 73 and up mopars come with discs? I found a 1974 chrysler sebring parts car and was hoping to maybe get the parts off of that car there, just not sure if it has discs....anyways, is there a year that mopar put discs on all of their cars?

thanks8)

I know this is a brake topic thread but... V8 torsion bars, while yer at it, would be well worth the effort.

Is it a /6 car with AC?

If so it has the 318 bars in it already. If no AC then it has the smaller /6 bars.

theres no a/c...and im keeping the /6 bars

I just did a 71 Scamp. You will have to make sure you have the drop center link if you plan on putting a V-8 in it.

15.jpg

where can i get the drop center link from? what model cars have it, and how much money am i looking at?

-
Back