71 Scamp Tail Light Lens - Repros Any Good?

-

Scott19_72

Reaction score
Hi,

My 71 Scamp has a partial crack on the R/H side tail light lens. It's not in the way of the bulb and you wouldn't notice it if I didn't point it out but... well you guys know how it is when you want everything right!

Anyone used the Ebay sets? Is there a good source out there for used lenses? I would actually prefer one with some years on it that matched the other side. A brand-spanking-new one across from an original wouldn't look right either.

Thanks!

There is a place up in Canada called P and G classics that have replacement lenses for the 1970 dodge dart whitch is the same as our scamps and they are a good reproduction of the original 309-70L Mopar 1970 Dodge Dart Taillight Lenses they are 135.00 and if you sign up for a account they will send you sale coupons with true 25% or 35% off from time to time. I know its not the weathered original your looking for but its another avenue to look at.

The 1970 Dart Swinger lens will fit but they are not that same as the Plymouth Scamp used. The reflector and the reverse light was slightly different. If you buy a used one from a Dart you will differently be able to see the difference. All reproduction lens I have seen are of the Dart style not the Scamp.

Dart top picture
Scamp lower picture

Dart light.jpg

Scamp light.jpg

I have one Nos Scamp Taillight lens. I can check and see which side it is if you would be interested. Also those 70 dart lenses besides being wrong in appearance you can see that they have no Chrysler markings molded in them...

That is a great comparison, thank you for taking to time to share this. It tells me that if I do look for Dart lenses I'll be sure to replace them both. I'll bet very few people would notice a pair that were similar in age and good condition. In fact I'll bet the person who did notice and pointed it out would have some awesome car stories to tell me too!

There is a place up in Canada called P and G classics that have replacement lenses for the 1970 dodge dart whitch is the same as our scamps and they are a good reproduction of the original 309-70L Mopar 1970 Dodge Dart Taillight Lenses they are 135.00 and if you sign up for a account they will send you sale coupons with true 25% or 35% off from time to time. I know its not the weathered original your looking for but its another avenue to look at.

Those look really good, thank you for the link. Since odds are pretty low I'm going to find a used one with some miles on it, in great shape, to be a perfect match for my driver's side I'll keep these guys in mind. I get the feeling they coupon a lot, they're on sale for $120 in the link! I'll definitely spend some time on that site, I'm after A, B & E body parts pretty much all the time.

-
Back