71 swinger no taillights

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
working on a 71 swinger, it's a dd /6 auto.the taillights and license plate light quit.the brake lights still work. any thoughts?no burn't fuses and all bulbs are good.

What do you have for a diagram/ shop manual?

Tail lights should be black wire. See if you have power at the connector in the left kick panel before the harness goes under the door sill

i have a similiar problem yours. everyone told me it might my turn signal light harness. might check that out as well.check the light switch on the dash as well.mine is a 71 swinger also.lol

puse in on all the column wireing or un plug it & see, if any of them are pushed back in thear & not makeing contact, I think its the one on the mane end or close to end, bacause I put a column in my 72 & pulled a wire loose, I can't remenber if that wire just wint to tail lights or both or just brake lights, but thats something to look at if ya ant!

headlight switch.thats what it was .i had one in my electric box.the plastic around the tab for the tailights was melted kind of.thanks for the replys .

puseinonallthecolumnwireingorunplugit&see,ifanyofthemarepushedbackinthear&notmakeingcontact,i thinkitstheoneonthemaneendorclosetoend,bacauseiputacolumninmy72&pulledawireloose,ican'tremenberifthatwirejustwinttotail lightsorbothorjustbrakelights,butthatssomethingtolookatifyaant!

holy crap!!

holy crap!!

what? I can't remenber if it was the brake or tail lights that wasent working & so wear you sead that, I just looked it up in my repair book it was the white wire on the column plug that gos to brake lights, I had to push it back in,it just got pulled out some way, I can't remenber its been a wall, give me a brake.

-
Back