72 340 Demon Restore

-
I'll post pics once the interior is in. Then you can make your opinions accordingly.

I'll post pics once the interior is in. Then you can make your opinions accordingly.
You have a nice ride and hope to see it soon. Mine is just a Scamp and never be worth much but don't care. As far as I'm concerned you do what you want with your car and I think it will be great when your done.

Converting to big bolt pattern with front 73 up power brakes and big bolt drum rear.

I'm converting the Demon to power steering using the Bergman kit. Also converting to big bolt pattern power brakes. Big thank you to my buddy Dallas "Dallas Dean" on this site, who gave me the brake booster and power steering pump from his parts Duster!!

Last edited:
The only difference in the Demons were manual vs auto and black stripe vs white stripe.
Hey Rob if your power steering pump needs to be rebuilt I have a rebuilt one with about 4,000 miles on it. Came out of the scamp and is yours if ya need it.

Hey Rob if your power steering pump needs to be rebuilt I have a rebuilt one with about 4,000 miles on it. Came out of the scamp and is yours if ya need it.
Great! Thank you Fred. I'll keep in touch as the build moves forward.

Great! Thank you Fred. I'll keep in touch as the build moves forward.
Got the power steering box as well but a little sloppy.
Can't wait to see some progress picture on it.
Just pulled the tranny out of mine and hope to get it fixed and back in in a week or 2.

You'll have to post a side x side picture of them when it's complete. Looking slick!
Here's an old picture of my brother in laws Demon. Its packed in a corner in his shop now.

IMG_0371.png

I'm converting the Demon to power steering using the Bergman kit. Also converting to big bolt pattern power brakes. Big thank you to my buddy Dallas "Dallas Dean" on this site, who gave me the brake booster and power steering pump from his parts Duster!!
Glad I can be a part of your build bro!

Put the passenger side stripe on today. Driver's side has to wait until I get the gas tank and filler neck installed so the gas cap is in place.

20201107_124602.jpg

Put the US Car Tool engine transmission frame together and bolted the K frame to it. Looks like its gonna work awesome. US Car Tool makes some pretty trick stuff!!

20201107_135813.jpg

I saved your pic of it so I can make one. Let me know how it works out. I made one when I lowered my Dart over my 500/727 and it worked great but was real flimsy. I now ran into somme free stock thats about the same size as yours .

Copy, let me know if you have any questions. The casters are beefy and have greaseable ball bearings.

-
Back