72 340 Duster Wheels

-

maz72

Reaction score
Hi all, New to this site and working on an original h code 72 Duster. I want to put the rallye wheels back on the car and I am looking for info. I have the original 14x5.5 wheels but I want more rear tire than these rims will allow. I also noticed that 14 inch trim rings are more expensive than 15 inch. The only rings I see being sold are for 6 inch rims. Will these fit? Whats the best source and price for sets? I may want to put the 14's up front and 15's in the rear.
Did all 340's come standard with the LBP wheels? How about backspacing limitations?

To answer your bolt pattern question, 72 was the last year for SBP on A-body cars. Your 72 340 Duster (VS29H2) should have SBP wheels, just like mine came with. Wheel Vintiques is another source for bigger and wider rally wheels. Check them out. On trim rings, you'll probably have to look to the General (GM) for a trim ring wider than six inches. Maybe a Corvette rally trim ring. On backspacing, you'll probably be limited to 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 inches, depending on the tire you choose. Be thankful it's not a Dodge, as they have smaller wheelhouses than Plymouths. Hope this helps!

-
Back