72 Dart hood hinge interchangeable?

-

72BlueSwinger

Reaction score
Hey everybody.. I already posted about this in the welcome forum tonight, but thought I'd post it here where it belongs. I have a 72 Dart Swinger, and I'm pretty sure the hood hinges are toasted. Severe side to side wobbling, and they won't close, possibly due to sitting for 4 years or so in the open position. I do have a set of good (read decent) hinges from a 74 dart 4 door. I was wondering if these will work. I thought I'd ask before going to all the trouble of removing both sets only to find out they won't. Thanks for your time and information.

The 4 door hinges and 2 door hinges are the same. You'll want a second set of hands to help take the hood on and off. The fenders will need to be removed too.

Yeah, I already scoped out what it would involve getting them off.. That's why I asked if they were interchangeable before I did all the hard work. I sprayed PB Blaster on the stuck hood hinges, and they still won't budge. Bummer. Its gonna have to wait a couple weeks till after it stops raining before I can get the hinges off the 4 door.

-
Back