-

ed1946

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As title says, no turn signals and emergency flashers ok. brake lights ok also

Yup. Two flashers. HAZARD flasher gets power at all times

Signal flasher is fed through key

Where is flasher unit located, have a a/c car. found the one for flasher but don't see turn signal one

One is near the column and the other is clipped on the back of the ashtray if i remember correctly.

The one near column is flasher for sure, will ck behind ash tray.

As title says, no turn signals and emergency flashers ok. brake lights ok also
Turn signal flasher is on right side of ash tray hanger. Glass bar fuses can blow behind the metal end cap so just looking at them is not a test. Check them with a test lamp.

I was able to access my TSF by going through the glove box. I just slid the inside panel aside and it was just to the left of it. My flasher was fine so I changed out my switch in the steering column and that was the fix. Purchased my switch from @slantsixdan

the flasher was behind glove box, thanks for tip. on a a/c car i don't think you can even get ashtray out without major surgery. needles to say flasher didn't fix problem. what pin on the turn signal plug does the 12v come thru? I have schmatics but it is not clear to me.

Replaced turn signal switch and still no blinking. Bulbs do come on now but stay on solid. replaced relay. Do have voltage to flasher. 4 ways work fine.

Go through bulbs / sockets, check for working AND PROPER bulbs and PROPERLY indexed to contact pigtails

You could have a bad flasher, and make sure you are not confusing the 4 way flasher and turn flasher

Then get test lamp/ meter and check for proper power at in / out of switch.

Are you running standard bulbs or LED? LED wont work correctly with the old flashers, wont load them enough.

Success, didn't have 12v at pin w on firewall. supplied 12v and now everything works.

Success, didn't have 12v at pin w on firewall. supplied 12v and now everything works.
Wild wild wild ... Back in 67, the reverse lamps weren't fused. If owner backed over a tricycle and and damaged a reverse lamp fixture just right, it would blow the main fusible link and shut down the entire car. So the 68 model harness has a white wire going from radios harness connector to bulkhead connector, only for a place for this wire to change colors again and be on a fused circuit. There isn't a wire in the engine bay at this port. So radio and reverse were on the same fuse. When I was helping a owner with his 72 model wiring, the wire added to radios harness connector changed colors at the bulkhead and went to signal flasher instead of reverse lamp switch. Best I can figure, they moved stuff around, did low dollar improvements until they had no choice but upgrade a harness with multiple fusible links and more fuses. Some of the vehicle could fail in accident but some of it would still work.
So... bottom line, tell us do you have aftermarket radio and that harness connector cut?

Wild wild wild ... Back in 67, the reverse lamps weren't fused. If owner backed over a tricycle and and damaged a reverse lamp fixture just right, it would blow the main fusible link and shut down the entire car. So the 68 model harness has a white wire going from radios harness connector to bulkhead connector, only for a place for this wire to change colors again and be on a fused circuit. There isn't a wire in the engine bay at this port. So radio and reverse were on the same fuse. When I was helping a owner with his 72 model wiring, the wire added to radios harness connector changed colors at the bulkhead and went to signal flasher instead of reverse lamp switch. Best I can figure, they moved stuff around, did low dollar improvements until they had no choice but upgrade a harness with multiple fusible links and more fuses. Some of the vehicle could fail in accident but some of it would still work.
So... bottom line, tell us do you have aftermarket radio and that harness connector cut?
Yes on aftermarket radio but it is in glovebox, never touched radio harness.

-
Back