72 Dart Restoration continued after 9 years

-

JohnnyC

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I picked this 72 Dart up after it has been sitting for 9 years. The previous owner had the front end completely rebuilt,installed a low mileage Magnum 360,had the body painted,Seats recovered with legendary interior vinyl and installed a new carpet. Then for whatever reason let it sit unfinished. The engine was just installed to the mounts and the 904 transmission,nothing else hooked up. This is what it looked like when I picked it up.

Wow what a find. I wish i could.come across creme puffs like this in my neck of the woods. Show us a pick or 2 after youve washed it.

Wow what a find. I wish i could.come across creme puffs like this in my neck of the woods. Show us a pick or 2 after youve washed it.

They are out there if you watch and are ready when it happens.
Picked this one up for less than the cost of a trans rebuild (AND the trans had just been rebuilt) :D
It had a flat cam, but that wasn't too bad to fix. (30 over 318 and a 904 and factory discs)
All factory stock except for the HEI ignition and a nice stereo for the Wife.

SANY0013.JPG

Yes Limegreen 70 as far as I can tell outside the whole time.I did wash it before it came in the garage. It's gonna need maybe some wet sanding but overall underneath its in nice shape and the body is 90 % rust free.There are some imperfections like a few paint bubbles but otherwise the paint work was top notch. The panels are straight as an arrow and no orange peel or runs anywhere.

image.jpeg

Started on the trunk rust repair. In the past it had a pretty crappy repair. Barely tacked on right over rust.

image.jpeg

Patch made out of two pieces because one side had a trough in it so I decided it would be easier made from two pieces .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

-
Back