-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fascarman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger that I spent 4 years building as one of the Chrysler performance engineers "Idea Cars". In this case I badged it a Road Runner II. I bought the car from the 2nd owner who lived in it for one year while following the Grateful Dead from concert to concert. It was always a California car, no rust. It was supposed to be my son's first car but his grades were too low and I made it my project car. He is still pissed. The entire car was disassembled and recreated. Duster front brakes, 8 3/4" diff with a 741 case and a 410 gear, supper stock leaf springs and competition torsion bars, frame connectors , mini tubbed, 6 point cage, 5 point seat belts, aluminum paneled interior, seats from a 91 Chrysler LA Baron Sport , carpet to match with leather piping, Auto Meter gages, A518 over drive trans with a lower first gear and extra clutches, BF Goodrich 10 X 27 street legal drag radials and BF Goodrich street tires too, most everything powder coated and new plating. Engine was the first or second 402 cu in Mopar Performance Crate Motor delivered [stroked 360] w/ roller cam and rockers. TTI Step headers and Power Effects cast aluminum, open able chambered mufflers with Power Effects cast aluminum dual exhaust tips. Road Runner horn, steering wheel badge and rear view mirror. All graphics were created from scanned fonts of the 70's and the hard badges made from a Belvidere II and Road Runner badges. The car was published as a feature in Hemming's Muscle Machines, October, 2005. Car is B3 Blue and that was its original color. As I recall it has 8,000 miles. I don't need to sell this but would like to see it go to some one that will use it more than me. I also have a space issue that I'm dealing with. The car has only seen one day of drizzle during a car show and it has never been washed, always garaged and covered. The underside is as clean as the top side and looks new inside and out. I am selling it for $30,000 and consider it a good value for what you would be getting. This car could not be built for this price today. I can't seem to figure out how to add photos so here is the link to Hemming's Muscle Machines feature article, though some of the data is incorrect such as the year, not a 73 but a 72. http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2005/10/01/hmn_feature10.html

Like I said , I don't know how to post pics here. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can send some. Thanks------ sorry for the email address, how do I post a pic, I find no way to post to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back