72 Dart Swinger Special WOODY!

-

Swinger340Canuc

72 Swinger 340 Special
Reaction score
Started the tear down on my Swinger Special and found that the Chrysler Boys had not quite given up on using timber to build these great little muscle cars. I found this wood shim glued to the inside of my right door. This door always closed beautifully, solid and quiet in comparison to the left door, now I know why LOL. Anyone seen other Woody's?

Attachments

• DSC00439.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00441.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 149
it sure matches up nicely to the repair done at the door jamb? those look like rivets in that metal panel that is different color, Lawrence

it sure matches up nicely to the repair done at the door jamb? those look like rivets in that metal panel that is different color, Lawrence

This picture is a bit clearer, actually those are the clips from the door rubber that I left in place. I've owned this car since 1978-79 it had 42,000 miles when I bought it and I've never opened up this door in the 36 years I've owned it and the vapour barrier showed no signs that it had ever been removed and the car had it original paint as well so the door has never had any work done on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02828.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 107
-
Back