72 dart Transmission mount?

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
Can someone reccomend a transmission mount for a 72 dart? I bought one from oriellys and it was taller by about 3/8 or better. I figured my old one was compressed a lot (even though it didnt look it) so now I hear some harmonic noises from the engine and would assume the transmission is pushed up too high. Does anyone know of good mount that's closer to specs I could replace this one with?

Last edited:
My catalog only lists one.. It fits, Chrysler 1969-78, Dodge 1969 to 1977, Plymouth 1969 to 1977. I used it a number of years ago on my 74 Challenger and had no issues in any way.

My catalog only lists one.. It fits, Chrysler 1969-78, Dodge 1969 to 1977, Plymouth 1969 to 1977. I used it a number of years ago on my 74 Challenger and had no issues in any way.
I think my issue was the mount wasnt made to specs, trying to find one I know will be to specs! (And doesnt cost 100 bucks)

That’s a spool type mount. He needs the older style 67-72 A body
Thanks for the eye opener Kim. My catalog is a newer one and is kinda lacking on older mounts. I looked at Rock Auto, and I think the mount he is looking for can be found there. Take care.

Can someone reccomend a transmission mount for a 72 dart? I bought one from oriellys and it was taller by about 3/8 or better. I figured my old one was compressed a lot (even though it didnt look it) so now I hear some harmonic noises from the engine and would assume the transmission is pushed up too high. Does anyone know of good mount that's closer to specs I could replace this one with?
Check Rock Auto. I had a quick look and think the mount you're looking for is there. Can't speak for the mount quality, but I've bought a fair amount of parts from them with no complaints.

-
Back