72 demon 340 resto

-
Evil,
Very creative!!! They have the appearance of having been dipped, with some runs and everything. Nice work.

On a sowewhat related note, your rotisserie is a similar design to mine. I am in the process of mounting my Dart to the spinner. I have it as high as I can get it with my jack and have pulled the rear axle and springs off. Still need to get the front suspension off (leaving everything attached to the K-member). How did you lift your Demon body to get it in position on the rotiss? I am planning to use my engine hoist to lift the body to rotating height and to balance it for turning. Any tips you can offer? L8r

Jim

this is a good link.........
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=88358

page 4 may help

i basically bolted the whole mounting assembly onto the car-(minus the actual end frames of the rotisserie with the wheels and pivots). then i jacked the car up a little bit higher than it would sit once it was on the rotisserie. i used 4x4 beams with jack stands to get it into position. then i just had a buddy help me pick the ends of the rotisserie up and slide it over the mounting assemblies on each end of the car. bolted everything into place, and that was pretty much it. i tried to make sure that each main end perches was plumbed up and level before i connected the bottom rail that holds the 2 together. probably didn t have to, but thats just the way i do things. probably just an excuse i guess to drink some beer and hang out with my buddies. lol.

i basically bolted the whole mounting assembly onto the car-(minus the actual end frames of the rotisserie with the wheels and pivots). then i jacked the car up a little bit higher than it would sit once it was on the rotisserie. i used 4x4 beams with jack stands to get it into position. then i just had a buddy help me pick the ends of the rotisserie up and slide it over the mounting assemblies on each end of the car. bolted everything into place, and that was pretty much it. i tried to make sure that each main end perches was plumbed up and level before i connected the bottom rail that holds the 2 together. probably didn t have to, but thats just the way i do things. probably just an excuse i guess to drink some beer and hang out with my buddies. lol.

Wow, that must have been quite a stack of 4 x 4's! One of the unanswered questions was how far can I get by myself. I guess that I will find out soon enough. Good to have these opportunities to invite others over so I'm not always drinkin' the beer by myself. :toothy7: Keep up the great work. L8r

Jim

well it s been awhile since i ve updated. i wish i could say it was done, but ...it s not. i ve been busy at work and hangin out with the family. i have it about ready to paint, but will probably wait til spring. i aquired most of the rest of my parts at the nationals. the seat covers, carpet, door panels, emblems, decals, yada yada. i plan on maybe restoring most of the interior this winter so it is ready to slap in once it is painted. i ll probably paint the underside, engine bay, and trunk b4 winter. i need more free time. lol.

Evil.....mine is done.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 005.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 060.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,210
FINALLY. i got some time this weekend and painted the underside. i m glad i won t have to sand that bass terd anymore. i hope i can get the trunk and engine bay done next weekend. the underside turned out good. all the lost finger tips from sanding was worth it.

Attachments

• 102_2407.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,112
  • 102_2408.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,125
Evil - looking good. Wish I was 1/2 way to where you are right now. On the rotisserie, rear mounting to bumper connection, did you have to make that or was it standard with the rotisserie?

had to make it. i just used scraps left over from building the rotisserie. thanks guys, i m excited to finish it up now that i have some of it painted.

well, i haven t done much since last post. i ve been busier than crap at work. i ve been working on trim and making a fender tag. i had a great build sheet to work with along with the tag off of my 71 so i figured i could make one for less than the 250 bucks it would take to have one made. the stamps weren t cheap, but they already paid for themselves. it took a lot of time to plan out the tag and put stuff where it was supposed to be. let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 102_2413.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 102_2414.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,012
That's pretty cool man. Did u make the tag itself? I wish I had my build sheet. The darn field mice ate it lol.

yes. i couldn t bring myself to pay 250 for a new one and never know when i d get it. took me awhile to find the right stamps. thanks

lol...there s more than one mistake on it, but it s pretty good for my first shot. some of the numerals were not centered on the stamps. i had to file em down a little. some of them still need some tweaking so that they position
i ordered the stamps from my local tool and die supply shop.

I love the fender tag idea. I want to make another one for my '72 340 Demon because it has a few rust holes. The rusted tag would look terrible on a car that is fixed up ...

I can't afford the $250.00 either...

Any advice on this??

Yours looks really good!! Good resto progress as well.

-
Back