72 Demon 4 speed

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
Hey guy's, I have a gent who wants to trade me his 72 340 4 gear Demon for my mint 67 383 Sport Fury. It has been awhile since I had a A body and I am not up on my prices. I had my Fury listed for 17,500. The Demon needs interior work. How rare are the 4 speed Demons if at all.
And one other thing...did all the 340 4 speed cars come with sure grip? and was the hood scoop an option as well?
Thanks guy's..hoping to get back into a A body again.
AL

4 Speed Demons are pretty desirable. Color makes a big difference in the equation.

Sure Grip and Hood Scoop were both options.

well its just me... but I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

-RPM

I also would do that deal pending the condition of the demon, Good luck....

If they are equal body wise I'd go for it. Interior work is easy to repair and a 340 4 speed Demon would be way more fun to drive.

is there a fender tag. make sure it has D21 (4speed) and not D13 ( 3 speed).

Do it regardless. I know I would if it were me. That car would be more value in the long run,once fixed up or to restored conditioned.

John

Thanks guy's that is what I was thinking, long term the Fury value will not go up that much...and it is not a four speed LOL
Thanks for the input.
AL

Ok guys here is what he has told me about the car:
the milage on mine is right around 104,000,
the motor has a new 650 Eldebrock carb, gasket kit, purple cam, new headers
and exhaust, the rad was sent out and recored and installed a new electric
fan. I changed the starter to a new heavy duty smaller unit and new electric
fuel pump. The body and frame are in good condition with a few marks in the
paint.
I hope these pics will work. Now my Fury is in very very good shape and the interior is mint, do you still think thias is a good trade EVEN.
Thanks guy's
AL

Demon 005.jpg

Demon 006.jpg

Boy I don't know Al, First I'd check the fendertag and make sure that the Demon is a true 4 speed car and that it has the 8 3/4 rearend. The interior on the Demon looks pretty ratty and I'd also check the underside for rust and rott and does it have the ralley guages (round ones instead of square). If you're Fury is as good as you say IMHO the 2 cars are not equally priced then again I've always been parchial to big old B Bodies.

Terry

That is my delema I am not sure what the Demon is worth in that state. Another one came up for sale near me it is a 71 340 4 speed and he wants $15,000 same thing body not to bad but the interior is shot.
It is a hard call for me to make, if it is a true 340 4 speed car which I belive the owner is truthful what would it be worth in this shape.
Thanks
AL

man keep your fury! or take some money with it. it has the apperance of a 3 speed. is it
lm29h or lm29g on the vin? many things wrong with it that i can see. just my honest opnion

I wouldn't trade away a nice 67 sport Fury for 2 Demons.

many things wrong with it that i can see. just my honest opnion<snip> Like what clue me in Please I am not as big on A bodies as I am on Cs
AL

That car don't bad in the pics. The interior needs some work. Like demon seed mentioned look for the things he mentioned. As far as the ralley dash goes,I only think the '71 340 Demons had them,not used in '72. I may be wrong on that.

John

No it does not have the ralley gauge package, boy tough call LOL What is the rear axle code on the 72 fender tag, or did they put it on the tag at all.
AL

many things wrong with it that i can see. just my honest opnion<snip> Like what clue me in Please I am not as big on A bodies as I am on Cs
AL

well the car "looks" like a 3 speed conversion car. hood is wrong . it is has a 71 style hood scoop setup on it. if you are looking to put it back to original for value then the steering wheel is wrong the interion needs to be repalced. the door panels are from a different year car. speakers have been wired into the door as well so there will be "extra holes" for the wireing. sorry i am just picking here but "if" your fury is as good as it looks you are miles ahead. someone has mentioned to look at the rear. i too would do this, as it needs to be an 8 3/4 under there. i don't know i was expecting much more.....any other pics? under hood? have you checked the vin tag or the fender tag?

to really make a good compairison post some better pics of your fury. engine and interior and some closer body shots....

If I had a nice fury like that and the other guy wanted to trade. I'd trade the fury for the demon and cash.

If the Demon has no bondo then I think they would be about the same mine is not 100% it has some chips and such as did the Demon owner told me his has. As for engine a pic of mine and one of his below. And as for interior the Fury is spotless nothig needs to be done it looks like new.
Now I was under then impression that the Demon would be original and would make thisdeal easier for me, now I don't know.

Demon 008.jpg

1967_plymouth_sport_fury_commando_v8_8-568-426.jpg

You can almost eat off of your engine bay. Now that is clean and spotless. But still, I won't rag on the other guys car either,I do like demon's more.

That Demon looks like it needs a fair bit of work, your Fury looks great, if its in as good as shape as the under hood looks I'd keep the Fury.

-
Back