72 Demon AC

-

RenVill

Reaction score
So I bought my 72 Demon about a year ago now and only I've only started looking into getting the AC in it working properly.
It seems to blow air fine but the buttons/control panel are very sticky and need to be replaced. Also, it doesn't seem to be very cold so not sure if it just needs a recharge. Lastly, I don't see any ac equipment under the hood so I'm thinking they're being the console.

Do these look aftermarket or OEM?
Can I buy and replace just the control panel? If yes, where?

20230514_142532.jpg

20230514_142525.jpg

Control looks factory, how about a photo of what is under the hood? Do you know what a compressor is? Do you understand that it is switched on and off by an electrical clutch which engages the belt drive? Can you tell if the compressor is working (if it is there?)

Control looks factory, how about a photo of what is under the hood? Do you know what a compressor is? Do you understand that it is switched on and off by an electrical clutch which engages the belt drive? Can you tell if the compressor is working (if it is there?)
Sorry, I dont really know much about AC systems but here's a pic of what's under the hood. I was guessing that pipe on the firewall that is not connected to anything is or was part of the AC system but again, I dont really know much about it.

284071440_10160056228358945_2990184626208747949_n.jpg

You need a compressor and a condenser and an evaporator

Dash buttons and under dash vents look factory AC. Looks like it is missing AC Compressor, Filter Drier, Condenser, and AC Lines under the hood.

Does anyone know an aftermarket equivalent of all those missing things that can go somewhere else other than under the hood? The future plan is to fit a much bigger engine in this car and would like to avoid putting more things in there if I can.

Does anyone know an aftermarket equivalent of all those missing things that can go somewhere else other than under the hood? The future plan is to fit a much bigger engine in this car and would like to avoid putting more things in there if I can.
I would go with a complete aftermarket unit. They are designed well and should fit your new engine. Classic Auto Air and Vintage Air are a couple popular brands.

Put a stroker crank in a small block it will be like a big engine but still small on the outside and without the weight of a "big engine'"....Original Air has under hood kits listed on their web site.

-
Back