72 demon/dart fender advice...

-

craigibc

wishin' my Demon was done
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between a demon fender and a dart fender?

The left fender on my project came with my 72 demon/340. The right fender came from a 72 dart swinger.

I notice two differences...

First the location of the holes for the demon/340 logos vs. dart/swinger logo.

Second there is a brace on the inside of the demon fender not the dart.

Can anybody give me any insight into this and any other differences?

Thanks,

Craig

Most fenders had braces IIRC, but may get broken off, may not be there to begin with.
As for the emblem holes, looks like the Dart fender and Demon fender have on hole that is different(top right)? did you line up the pins on the emblems, to see if they would use the same holes?? Curious to know.

Other than that the fenders should interchange...

The fenders should be the same, other than the obvious badging holes. The inner brace should be on both fenders.

should I try to replace the brace?

also on the fender holes I am going to have to weld them up and drill new ones. The upper set of holes the space is two wide and the lower set are position to the front and not to the back.

Craig

The cars with factory side and rear stripe kits had a Demon decal on the front fender in the same location as the metal insignia. If you're planning on going that route, the holes are a moot issue since they will need to be filled. I don't know if Sizzlers without the side stripes had metal or decal insignia. The only Sizzler I have seen had side stripes and a decal Demon insignia on the fender.

1971 demon had decals for fenders the 1972 had metal emblems.

The left fender is factory holes for Demon on the top and 340 on the lower.

The right one is from a dart.

Craig

-
Back