72 demon rear wheels

-

bigblocka

Reaction score
just wondering what size 15" rim/tire/back space you can put on with the offset spring kit?

just wondering what size 15" rim/tire/back space you can put on with the offset spring kit?

Which offset kit? 1/2" or 3"?

A-body 8 3/4?

I have 295's on my Duster with the 1/2" relocation kit and about a 1/2" trim on the quarter lip. I'm running a 7" backspace on an 18x10" rim, but that's on a 68-70 B-body rear. For an A-body 8 3/4" you'd want more like 5 3/4" for backspace on a 10" rim.

295's are as big as you can go if you're at stock ride height or lower. Obviously if the rear end is up in the air you can go bigger, but if you actually want the tires to go into the wheel tubs I'd stick to no larger than a 295. If you don't want to do any trimming on the quarter, I would say 285 at the most.

You can see in this picture how I trimmed back the quarter lip, and how little extra space there is pretty much everywhere...

tireB-A_zps4efb0119.jpg

looking at the 3" with 8 3/4 and stock wheel wells with 15" rims

Without a minitub the 3" relocation doesn't buy you any extra space. The 1/2" offset puts the springs even with the stock wheeltub. On my car the stock wheel tub is the limiting factor, not the springs.

You can do the 3" relocation, but you'll still be stuck with 295's unless you mini-tub it.

-
Back