72 Demon trunk lid question

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a trunk lid, but it does not have the center crease. I was told (a) that it is not a 72 Demon lid, but a 71 or a 70-74 duster lid? (b) it is a 72 Demon lid as they did not put the crease on Demon lids (only duster). I am looking for the correct answer to this. I have looked at lots of 72 Demon pictures and have seen them both ways, so this is somewhat of a widespread differnce. If it should have a seam in the middle, which model year cars trunk lid will interchange? Do they all have the holes for the spoiler in the underside?

I have a trunk lid, but it does not have the center crease. I was told (a) that it is not a 72 Demon lid, but a 71 or a 70-74 duster lid? (b) it is a 72 Demon lid as they did not put the crease on Demon lids (only duster). I am looking for the correct answer to this. I have looked at lots of 72 Demon pictures and have seen them both ways, so this is somewhat of a widespread differnce. If it should have a seam in the middle, which model year cars trunk lid will interchange? Do they all have the holes for the spoiler in the underside?

The ridge started to appear in late '71, so the ridge is correct for the '72 model year. I have never heard of a Duster trunk lid being unique vs. one from a Demon. Some of the lids had spoiler cut out's and some did not.

No crease is 70 for sure and maybe 71. I've never seen a 72 with an original flat trunk. But Chrysler in thoise days was capable of just about anything. Spoiler knockouts are a whole nother debate!

The ridge is a year thing, not a model thing. Legend has it that the original (flat) lid would dent from owners hand pressure on closing.
I actually prefer the ridge, myself.

no crease in 71, 72 and later had them, i guess a 71 at the very end of production may have one but i had a 72 on my 71 demon and could not get it to latch correctly.

The ridge started to appear in late '71, so the ridge is correct for the '72 model year. I have never heard of a Duster trunk lid being unique vs. one from a Demon. Some of the lids had spoiler cut out's and some did not.

DusterKrazy is dead nuts on.... I have a 71, late build with ridge...... I have a 70 duster with no ridge and a 71 Duster with the ridge.......duster and demon used the same deck lid

I have both cars 70 Duster no crease and 72 Demon has a crease. Both my trunk lids are correct.

-
Back