72 disc brakes on 71

-

OmahaMopar

Reaction score
I came across a 72 duster at the local self serve salvage yard with disc brakes on it. I have a 71 demon 340 with manual drum brakes on it. I would like to eventually convert my car over to a manual disc set up. The 72 Duster has power discs on it. My question is what parts do I need to pull off the donor car and is it worth it vs buying a new conversion set up.I can get all the parts for around a $100. Keep in mind I want to keep the original small bolt pattern rally wheels.

Then I would get those KH Discs Setup if you want to maintain the Small bolt pattern.

72 should be the KH, which already is small bolt pattern, just unbolt the ball joins and tie rods and its yours.. Yo-yo right on your car. they are both small bolt pattern. Go to napa and get a new master for disk brakes.

Pull that booster too, its worth about 100 bucks.

If it has a good master then pull it. Push rods can be found, I have several. If it looks bad then just buy a new one.

Went back and got the complete power disc brake set up. They got me for $240 on it, but I knew finding another set up like that again was going to be slim to none!

Here a pic of what I removed. Could not get the Ball Joints to separate, Not a match for my sawzall though. Parts are dirty and a little surface rust, but everything will be cleaned up and rebuilt as needed.Just realized I forgot the prop valve, Damn it!Lol

Attachments

• Resampled_2015-11-08_16-34-46_676.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 127
-
Back