72 dusrer 4 speed with bench seat hurst shifter handle info needed.

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
The reason I am bringing this up is I am second-guessing now after rereading a lot of posts on four speed duster bench seats. Finding that they say a 7036 is the right one... anyone help thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently purchased this... I know it's a little too late now, LO.L, but I'm hoping it is the right one.Can somebody verify this thanks? HURST MOPAR A Body 7926 Original OEM 4 Speed Bench Seat Duster / Dart Used

The reason I am bringing this up is I am second-guessing now after rereading a lot of posts on four speed duster bench seats. Finding that they say a 7036 is the right one... anyone help thanks....looking for the factory one 72 340 duster with a bench seat

Wouldn't Brewers know? Is a '72 still a Hurst?

7036 was used 69-71, and was the press-in style. 72 & newer used the 7926 that was the 2-bolt style. Other than that, both handles the same as you can see.

7036-7926 A-BODY.jpg

Awesome thanks everyone I just want to make sure I didn't screw up.I was just trying to put this thing.Back is close to factory as I can...

Last edited:
Well, yes and no. A car that I bought had an overdrive shifter, I believe. It was a bayonet, they cut a little off the bottom and drilled 2 holes for the comp plus that was being used, but it was still bent wrong, so I took a torch to it and bent it up to the shifter that you want, but you would have to get it rechromed. You probably should just buy one. See them for sale all the time. I just painted mine black. Also, I had the correct shifter handle to copy when I torched it into shape.

20240505_202819.jpg

Well, yes and no. A car that I bought had an overdrive shifter, I believe. It was a bayonet, they cut a little off the bottom and drilled 2 holes for the comp plus that was being used, but it was still bent wrong, so I took a torch to it and bent it up to the shifter that you want, but you would have to get it rechromed. You probably should just buy one. See them for sale all the time. I just painted mine black. Also, I had the correct shifter handle to copy when I torched it into shape.

View attachment 1716246043
This is a picture I got from dan it is the correct shifter but mine is definitely way off my pic in neutral is the one with my leg.

20240425_221419~2.jpg

20240504_091434.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back