72 Duster 340 4 Speed with AC Production Numbers?

-

TimS

Reaction score
Can someone help with the titled production number question? I’m thinking a 340 4 speed Duster with AC is a pretty rare combo. Thanks!!!

Can someone help with the titled production number question? I’m thinking a 340 4 speed Duster with AC is a pretty rare combo. Thanks!!!
2871 340 4 speeds made. There's no breakdown for A/C cars

That’s too bad. Over the years AC 4 speed cars are not something I’ve seen much of in the muscle car years.

What difference does it make if it’s 14, 140 or 1,400? Are you trying to sell it?

From what I can remember when ordering an A-body car in 1970 you could not get AC with 4 spd. in an a-body. Only 3 speeds. All manual trans a-body cars I ever had with AC were 3 speed if manual trans .

From what I can remember when ordering an A-body car in 1970 you could not get AC with 4 spd. in an a-body. Only 3 speeds. All manual trans a-body cars I ever had with AC were 3 speed if manual trans .
I have seen at least two '69 Barracuda factory 340 4 spd w/AC. H51 on the fender tags.

What difference does it make if it’s 14, 140 or 1,400? Are you trying to sell it?
Considering a purchase. Car I’m looking at is what I would consider over priced but is all original. I want to keep it also. I don’t flip.

Original Fender tag is present on this 72. E55, D21 and H51 coded.

Original Fender tag is present on this 72. E55, D21 and H51 coded.
Not often seen. This would be my first. What other options? Was it special ordered? Post the Data plate. Here is a 3 spd with AC. 4 spd slips right in

DSCN1556.JPG

DSCN0153[1].jpg

DSCN0156[1].jpg

I wonder what the factories reasoning was for Not being available with a 4 speed ................. but yet you could get a 3 speed set up?????????????????

There should be a percentage of cars produced with AC (just like color).
Probably won't skew directly to manual trans cars.
Agree they are rare but they did make them.

I've seen a few 318 4 speed Dusters with AC, with at least one being a Twister.
Also a couple 67-69 Barracudas 318, 4 speed, AC.

Considering a purchase. Car I’m looking at is what I would consider over priced but is all original. I want to keep it also. I don’t flip.
Of course its over priced. No one is going to give a car like that away. Your not likely to ever see another 340 4 spd w/AC for sale those are quote rare

-
Back