72 duster 340 4speed, what to do with her?

-

KIWI

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm pretty new around here but learning a lot. I recently bought a 67 Barracuda to rebuild and I also purchased the Duster you see below to use as a donor car.Well its turns out its a 340 4speed car, motor and trans are long gone but its a repairable car and I've been told its too rare a car to part out. So I'm looking for some input from you guys as to what its worth and what i should do with it???

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 019.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 020.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 377
How bad is the car?

If you don't want build it for yourself.

I'd probably list it for sale and see if I could make some money on it. If no one buys then part it out.

Wait for it....
wait for it...
How are the frame rails, floors, trunk floors, etc.?

It looks pretty rust free. You get a clean title with it? I see a lot of great parts there, but there's a lot more to the story than rarity...

Yes it has a clean title. I lifted the front carpets and the floors have had amatuer repairs, the trunk has a couple of patches pop rivited in and the bottom of the spare wheel well has been replaced. Don't know about the rails as its still sitting on the trailer at the moment. The hood is toast and the trunk is marginal also the lower rear quarters need replacing. Rust free is not how you'd describe this car but Ive repaired worse!

Awe, too far. Would be on that in a second. That's the exact kind of project im looking for, exact year too... :*(

Awe, too far. Would be on that in a second. That's the exact kind of project im looking for, exact year too... :*(

Ok, so I'm getting the don't part it out theme what I need to know is what is a sensible price to ask for her??

Ok, so I'm getting the don't part it out theme what I need to know is what is a sensible price to ask for her??

I would expect it to land in the $2000-2500 range as it sits. Some of that may depend on how much of the interior is there, and how good of shape it's in. Also if it still has the disc brakes and 8 3/4 rear end. The grill looks to be in good shape. I'd take it out and put it in a safe place before something happened to it.

I'd at least part out that trailer hitch. It might scare away potential buyers! PM me if you want to get rid of it. :D

LOL never thought of that as a saleable part but sure, every bit helps and its for a good cause! ( rebuilding the barracuda for my 15 yr old boy )

I think you should show a lot of pictures then sell it to me cheap I"ll be down to pick it up pm me for a price , my son has been looking been looking for 1

if it were me, id get it running and driveable. dont wash it. leave the moss on it. just clean a spot on the windshield to see. then drive the piss out of it.

It's a 72 alright but has 70-71 fenders on the car. If parting out, those can definitely be sold!

Personally, i'd put the car on eBay and whatever you get, put towards your b'cuda

A buyer would need more pictures of the car to get a better idea what work needs to be done and therefore a more accurate price.

-
Back