72 duster Build progress

-
HMMMMM lets see Large, Rectangle, AMD box's ooo ooo really big Computer Processor w Heat-sink :). Ummmm SHEET-METAL!!!! DING DING DING Do I win something. Looks Great DusteDude can't wait to see it all going on the car sooooo get busy.

Brad

lol, you didnt hear it from me lol......you win a BRAND NEW.............(to be determined at a later date) HAHA

Sweet carb. what size is it? looks GREAT

I figured a nice 600 would be a good match for my setup so thats what I went with.

Just found and read this thread start to finish. Great work DusterDude !!! Your detail work is awesome. Looking forward to seeing your project finished. By the way the grill looks great on the Duster ! Keep the pic's coming.

Just found and read this thread start to finish. Great work DusterDude !!! Your detail work is awesome. Looking forward to seeing your project finished. By the way the grill looks great on the Duster ! Keep the pic's coming.

Thanks I appreciate it.

yeah I think the 69 valiant grille looks good in it, nice touch that you don't see in many dusters.

Still waiting on parts to arrive before I can get started .....and I have not been able to find anyone that sells a windshield gasket that does not have an unknown back order delivery date but i think I might have a hold on one from someone so Ill know soon hopefully.

also, after already ordering one summit racing carburetor and it having a fuel leak and faulty choke.....I sent in for a replacement and when I installed it It was leaking fuel badly from the body of the carburetor so I decided to ship it back and get a refund and I ended up buying a brand new edelbrock ....always had good luck with them and its a trusted made in the usa name.

bolted it on with no problems and it works great.

as soon as progress picks up Ill start in with pictures again, right now I am mostly cleaning my garage up in preparation of all the work that Ill be doing on the duster which would make for some pretty boring pictures LOL.

A fabo member had a new windshield gasket for my duster still in the package that he sold me luckily and it should be here by the weekend!

I have my garage ABOUT spiffed up so I can get around in it comfortably so soon I will start on cleaning the windshield channel in preparation for the windshield install.

I dinked around with my powder coating set up a little today on one of my hood scoop bezels to see what it would look like ....some befores and afters below.

AND my 10lb spool of .023 showed up today along with my new gas valve and my new autodim welding helmet! .....a few pictures below of some welds I made while I was dialing in the settings on the welder and on the bottle.

I REALLY enjoy using my new welder compared to the old flux cored plain jane cambel hausfeld welder I was using.

Attachments

• IMG_20110412_212716.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_20110412_214247.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_20110412_195341.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_20110412_215129.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_20110412_215200.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_20110412_215309.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 671
You sure you not for hire? few welding jobs :) little extra cashy for ride

Lol, spare time is hard to come bu lately. Betwren family time, sleep, regular day to day, duster and my buddys that need help on their toys.

Maybe after a big percentage of the duster is complete ill take on some side projects. Had a few people asking me to restore gauge clusters like I did mine, do valve covers like mine and sone other stuff, even had one guy ask ne to restore his bbq grille lol

nice job on the car. but i would change to 3.55 gears if you want to cruz on the highway at 65-70 mph. thats alot of gear for a little 318 unless your going 1/8th mile racing. at 55 that motor will be around 3800. from the looks of it ,it doesnt look like you have driven yet. good luck with it.

nice job on the car. but i would change to 3.55 gears if you want to cruz on the highway at 65-70 mph. thats alot of gear for a little 318 unless your going 1/8th mile racing. at 55 that motor will be around 3800. from the looks of it ,it doesnt look like you have driven yet. good luck with it.

I have driven it a little but not at highway speeds,Not 4.10's, it has 4.56 and the 28" tall tire will offset that a bit and it has a few goodies under the hood and a stall converter and some odds and ends.

although I do agree....it won't be no highway cruiser but thats not what I had planned for it anyhow, just an around town cruiser and It will see some pass's at the local 1/8 mile strip.

When its all done ill put some miles on it and see how I like it but I will most likely at some point drop it down a few sizes because I would like to take it on the highway if I feel the need to without watching my tach bounce around the 4k mark lol

Guess I better watch out Jerrod or you'll be putting me out of business. :-D

your kidding right? lol no way.

just got a little set up for my self to do little odds and ends parts .

I sent you a PM but have not heard back from you. did you get it?

hope to see that ride at some Lansing car shows... well I will miss most of them. Come on MI in Sept :D

hope to see that ride at some Lansing car shows... well I will miss most of them. Come on MI in Sept :D

probably not this year because I won't have it "finished" to the point it will be worthy of a car show....but next year probably!

Well, this damn Michigan weather goes from 80 degrees one day to 30 degrees the next lol and all this hot and cold temp changes and rain landed me with a cold.

BUT I have still managed to sneak out to the garage for a bit here and there (with the wifes permission and a thermos full of hot coffee to keep me warm lol) and I wanted to share some pictures so you guys and gals can see I have still been doing a little bit.

I picked up a new still in the package windshield gasket from a member for about $60.00 shipped which worked out great being that EVERYONE had them on back order.

also picked up a mopar performance air cleaner with filter from a member for $35.00 shipped and I picked up a set mopar performance "polished" valve covers from a member that I traded a carburetor I had laying around for.

SO that means that the Holley (M/T) style valve covers I currently have will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested and also the brand new edelbrock chrome air cleaner and filter will be up for sale aswell.

So this is a picture of how it started out.....just a regular old wrinkle black MP air cleaner
get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Here it is after I stripped all the wrinkle coating off
IMG_20110414_180755.jpg

Here is is after alot of hand polishing!
IMG_20110414_202755.jpg

Here it is after masking,laying down some hemi orange,and sanding the raised section back down to an aluminum finish.....then clear coating it to seal everything
IMG_20110415_201839.jpg

TADA.....brand new custom air cleaner
IMG_20110416_193626.jpg

IMG_20110416_193842.jpg

This is what I had to start with for the valve covers.....they were factory polished but had not been taken care of and were starting to oxidize
IMG_20110416_194159.jpg

Here is after a good hand polishing
IMG_20110416_194030.jpg

and another
IMG_20110416_194050.jpg

these will be getting the same orange treatment to match the air cleaner I just have not got that far yet but I figured I would share the progress as of where it stands.

sorry the pictures are not the best, I took them with my phone. ENJOY!

Very nice, I had considered a similar treatment for my air cleaner.. But then I got a supercharger. So no dice. Looks great though!

Pretty new to the site and have started reading your thread very nice car cant wait to see it done.

Very nice and i would drive my car to a show in primer just to show off my great work.. that I haven't done yet but that's not the point

-
Back