72 Duster Front Brake flex lines to Drum ?

-

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Hey Yall, ran into a snag trying to put new front brake lines for the Duster, each time I ordered the lines they came back wrong. Before anyone says anything , Im keeping the Drums on front, She and I did more 360* turns than I can count, locking these bad boys up.... anyway the brake lines are not perfectly round at the mounting ends, they have a flat spot opposite each other on the top and bottom. and wont fit thru the round mounting hole brackets on the frame and back of spindle. So I dremeled the badboys and cut a flat spot on each end. They are a little loose and Im not happy with the outcome. Does anyone still make the part I'm looking for, called all my local parts houses no luck.

Hey Yall, ran into a snag trying to put new front brake lines for the Duster, each time I ordered the lines they came back wrong. Before anyone says anything , Im keeping the Drums on front, She and I did more 360* turns than I can count, locking these bad boys up.... anyway the brake lines are not perfectly round at the mounting ends, they have a flat spot opposite each other on the top and bottom. and wont fit thru the round mounting hole brackets on the frame and back of spindle. So I dremeled the badboys and cut a flat spot on each end. They are a little loose and Im not happy with the outcome. Does anyone still make the part I'm looking for, called all my local parts houses no luck.

Do you have 9 inch or 10 inch brakes?
What parts houses have you tried?
What is the brand and part number they are giving you?

I ordered a complete kit for my 72 from PST. (suspension and brakes; including all rubber hoses)

I never installed them though and hope they are correct.

I think we lost the OP and I am going to bed. Maybe he will tell us what if any is the correct hose and give the information I asked for earlier.

With this end?
f66718_lin_top.jpg
These looked to be them, I tried Oreillys, ABC auto, Auto Zone and I think Bumper To Bumper, Wagner had some listed I did not try and get them in because all these stores showed the same part number.... for the other brands

These looked to be them, I tried Oreillys, ABC auto, Auto Zone and I think Bumper To Bumper, Wagner had some listed I did not try and get them in because all these stores showed the same part number.... for the other brands

The other brands use the same numbering system such as BrakeWare. Order the Wagner and I will guess that you will get the ones you need. I just verified the picture you picked is the Wagner part with the correct number for your car. That number is being discontinued and stock is slim already so if you wait too long you won't be able to get the correct ones.

It can be frustrating. On a related note, I recently ordered rear drums for my Dart that were shown in rockauto a bit ambiguously as 'Drum / rear drum brake 10" x 1.75"; FRONT'. Only $25 ea and 2 left. People ask $80 for these rare used rear drums, so I thought I might be lucky. I searched for details about the Bendix PDR0174 everywhere, but nobody gave the dimensions, and nothing about the PN on Bendix' site. I received ordinary 2.5" W front drums, of which I have plenty, and they are "Bendix Global" made in China, which hurts because I used to work at Bendix.

I am amazed how many vendors sell the same part, with the same cut & paste description and no relevant details. They are hardly "value added" resellers. That describes most vendors on Amazon. Look at all the radiators that FABO guys have struggled with that could have been solved by just listing the basic dimensions and where the inlet and outlet tubes are. Instead, we see generic photos saying "representative, not actual part you will get". There is a lot on the internet, but 70% of it is cut & paste junk. Feel free to add to my rant.

It can be frustrating. On a related note, I recently ordered rear drums for my Dart that were shown in rockauto a bit ambiguously as 'Drum / rear drum brake 10" x 1.75"; FRONT'. Only $25 ea and 2 left. People ask $80 for these rare used rear drums, so I thought I might be lucky. I searched for details about the Bendix PDR0174 everywhere, but nobody gave the dimensions, and nothing about the PN on Bendix' site. I received ordinary 2.5" W front drums, of which I have plenty, and they are "Bendix Global" made in China, which hurts because I used to work at Bendix.

I am amazed how many vendors sell the same part, with the same cut & paste description and no relevant details. They are hardly "value added" resellers. That describes most vendors on Amazon. Look at all the radiators that FABO guys have struggled with that could have been solved by just listing the basic dimensions and where the inlet and outlet tubes are. Instead, we see generic photos saying "representative, not actual part you will get". There is a lot on the internet, but 70% of it is cut & paste junk. Feel free to add to my rant.

AutoZone fits in this catagory real well with their DuraLast crap. I hunt for true American made parts if at all possible. Forget most of the chain stores. I like a Mom and Pops store but they are getting few and far in between. I refuse to buy parts that have generic pictures unless I am limited to that choice. 99% of the time I find a true picture of what I need.

The other brands use the same numbering system such as BrakeWare. Order the Wagner and I will guess that you will get the ones you need. I just verified the picture you picked is the Wagner part with the correct number for your car. That number is being discontinued and stock is slim already so if you wait too long you won't be able to get the correct ones.

Yea I gave up and just modified these lines using the dremel, the lines i used were Brakebest BHH BH66718, going to try and get the correct ones as quick as possible.. Thanks for your help

AutoZone fits in this catagory real well with their DuraLast crap. I hunt for true American made parts if at all possible. Forget most of the chain stores. I like a Mom and Pops store but they are getting few and far in between. I refuse to buy parts that have generic pictures unless I am limited to that choice. 99% of the time I find a true picture of what I need.

Yea at two different part stores, they looked at me like I was crazy because they dont show any brake parts for a Plymouth Duster...had to give them Dodge Dart as the car...because thats the only way it showed at Oreillys and Bumper to Bumper auto Part stores...

-
Back