72 duster Gen 3 5.7 swap Kid in wheel chair

-

72dusterfirefighter

Reaction score
Hi I'm building a 1972 duster for a friend of mine that has muscular distrophy and is in a wheel chair and cant use his legs. I want to put a Gen 3 5.7 hemi drivetrain that i already have picked out. Its a drive by wire setup and i want to convert the car to hand controls so he can drive it, plus i need a way to be able for him to get in the car. Any help on either topic will be greatly appreciated thank you. This kid is 16 and was only supposed to be make it to the age of 10 so this is a great achievment that he has lived this long. He's very passionate about cars and i want him to be able to drive the car he's always wanted to. I would love for him to be able to experience driving in a muscle car, and one of his own. This car will be going to all of the different benefits that they have for disabled people. Anyone who helps i would like to put their name somewhere on the car. Thank You have a great day.

Kudos to you! That's outstanding. Wish I could offer any insight but it's beyond me, so I'll just offer thanks.

Wow, what a great idea for a wondeful young man! I have seen several old cars including Mopars with hand controls, but all had the drivers door unchanged, either they had help getting in and out or were able to do it on their own. One car was in my town, a 68 or 69 428 Corbra Jet Torino, it was mint and totally unrestored, he had the hand controls installed when he bought it new :glasses7:

Welcome, That is a wonderful thing you are doing.

Outstanding drive and merit! This site,will surprise you.The folk here,will bend over backwards,if you ask nicely.

Welcome to the site, keep the faith you will get a lot of good info and help here.
Andrew

-
Back