72 Duster Parking Brake Cable Length?

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Got the new parking brake pieces installed. Finally get around to connecting the cable...but find it's too short! Anyone know how long the cable highlighted in red below is on a 72 Duster? A nice kit, but Inline Tube tech support is not being very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Pat
20200428_111904_resized.jpg

Last edited:
did you adj the main cable? that might give you the extra you need. the adjustment is under the car on the passenger side.

did you adj the main cable? that might give you the extra you need. the adjustment is under the car on the passenger side.

Thanks for the reply man. The cable is too short to even make it from the driver side piece to the adjuster.

so you cant adj the equalizer anymore to get the length you need?
'
'
'

Car didn't have any of the p-brake pieces do I
so you cant adj the equalizer anymore to get the length you need?
'
'
'

Nope. The cable is so short, it doesn't even reach the equalizer when attached to the rear brakes. Car had none of the p-brake parts on it when I bought it, so I don't have the original cable to compare with.

It seems the cable I received in the kit is a mispick/mislabeled piece (Everything else in the kit fit perfectly). Hoping someone knows or can measure their set-up so I can let Inline Tube know what I need.

Thanks again zombywoof,
Pat

Last edited:
Yep. No doubt man. Funny how the easiest part of a project (literally doesn't even require tools!) turns out to be a PITA lol.

-
Back