72 Duster rear marker shape needed

-

Steven190

Reaction score
My stepson has his 72 Duster in the body shop. He had to patch the rear quarters with a bottom section. This section did not come with the side marker holes cut into them.
Looking at the front markers the holes are different from side to side. They are shaped with a pointed end, this end is facing in two different directions depending on which side.
My question is does the rear side markers have the same shape and are the pointed side orientated the same as the front fenders?

If you just need a reference, they used that same marker all the way in to the 90's on some trucks, and late '80's on cars (Omni/horizon), IIRC. If you have another later mopar in the driveway or down the street.

Thanks I have no reference to look at and the body guys has no idea as to what direction to put the point towards.
I figured they use the same as the front, one yellow the rear red.

If you know someone with a 72' to76' model Duster or Dart Sport the location should be the same ask them if you can remove one of the markers so you can make a template by taping a piece of masking paper to the INSIDE of the quarter panel, trace the hole from the outside while holding the paper tight after you do that go inside and trace the character lines for reference location.

I have a good template just need to know that the point of the hole is going forward on one side and back on the other side. or pointing in the same direction.

I have a 72 Duster but won’t be home till Friday. I can check then if you haven’t found out.

Well, here is an AMD picture. Looks like the pointy end of the hole faces rearward.

MM1320.JPG

Thanks this is what I was looking for. I just wanted to confirm the holes for the body guy.

-
Back