72 duster wiring help

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
so....before long I will being hooking up the wiring in my duster but before I do ...I would like to go over everything so i know i have everything i need and that there are no surprises.

here is a run down of what I have.

1972 duster

318,904 auto

bought the car as a project last year and was missing alot of parts and I managed to pick up a firewall forward wire harness from a member that I am going to install.

The harness came with all factory plug ends,voltage regulator,2 ballast resistors and some relays.

my battery has been relocated to the trunk so all I have is a power and ground wire in the engine bay for the battery but no battery.

any diagrams or detailed pictures of someones wiring would be great.

I want to make sure I am not missing any electronic plug in components or anything and i want to make sure I know where i need to run all my wires too....such as where to run my power and ground battery cables and if I am suppose to splice off my power to a distibution block or not? and what wires are alt wires and what wires are distrib wires,oil wires,temp wires.

basically a hole run down....hope you guys get the idea of what Im trying to accomplish and thank you in advance!

For your rear battery I would connect neg(-) to the block and lighter guage from block to body usually to rad support area. For pos(+) I would connect to starter lg terminal and run lighter guage (not to small) from lg terminal to the starter relay. Wire from (+) starter to relay should be fusable link. At relay it will power original harness. Delete harness front battery cables. As for rest of engine harness just lay it in approximate spot and see whats what. Many little things could be needed to change. Examples would be (could be) things like electric choke newer carb ,ignition upgrades etc.

any other suggestions,diagrams,pictures?

Thanks for the input by the way!

here are free diagrams
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=28
I don't see the Duster though... Maybe same as a Valiant or a Dart.

Hey thanks....I already looked into those and there were a few things different from my harness so I was not sure if i could go by them or not.....which is why I was hoping maybe someone had some detailed pictures of there wiring on here.

got to be somebody on here....after all this is FABO and so many people have done full on resto's and wireing jobs....seems like someone would have documented it

-
Back