72 duster

-

Mick Semantel

Reaction score
I was dropping a co-worker off at his house today, and when he opened his garage, I noticed a Duster. I asked him about it and he let me look at the car. It's a red 72 Duster with an original 340. It's a 4 speed manual with a 8 3/4 rear. White bucket seats with black carpet and hard headliner. He offered to sell me the car for a good price. And he is willing to negotiate. I gave it a quick once over, and I didn't notice rust in the body, but the underside had the typical surface type rust. He say's it runs, but would need a battery. Wondering what you guys think? Are these cars rare? Any feed back would be great?

Any duster 340 in good shape is valuable. I have a 73 with the blue engine paint 340 and it is the lesser of the breed having subcomed to the smog police. If you can get that 72 for a good price it is all but certain to go up in value. Dusters are fine machines and even if you don't want it you can fix it up a little and in a few years make a nice return on it.

My $0.02 -LY

you mean you haven't already gotten it yet? man what are you waiting for, go back before someone else gets it from under you. that is a great find. nice color combo, desired interior w/buckets, 4-speed,and the 340! :wav:

How much is he asking for that DUSTER??!if it was me ,i would go back there and buy that duster before someone else does!

Ohhhh,how i wish we had Duster's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey man, if you can get a good price on it, i would certainly buy it. it looks like you are from the land of rust too. The value is bound to go up, expecially on that combo.

I'm still trying to figure out why you have to think about it. My thought process would have been: What's your bottom dollar? OK. Grab the title and let's go to the bank.

You ask, " Are these cars rare? " Well how many have you seen lately??? If you like it and the price is right you better hurry....Depending on that " right " price I would be willing to drive from Texas to buy it...

I know that was a silly question. But I have a number of factors to worry about. 1. I'm doing an engine swap next month on my 75 Dart. 2. I live in a town home, but the positive side is I know a couple of people with some big garages. 3. My wife. 4. My daughter. I asked him to get all the info on the car for me. It needs torsion bars, battery, and little things here and there. I want to take the time and look it over and go from there. I told him I was interested and that I am willing to buy it. If my wife see's it she will love it to. I couldn't beleive it when I saw it. I give him rides all the time and this was the first time I saw it.

-
Back