72 engine harness question

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
I just got my new engine harness from Bill and Rose Evans and I have a question. At the alternator end of the harness there are the 3 connections for the alternator, the round push on connector for the temp sender, but there is a BLUE wire with a FLAT push on connector on it that I have no guess at where it goes......unless it's for the A/C compressor (if equipped)....but I really doubt that's what it's for.

SO....any clue where it's supposed to go?

Actually, that IS what it's for, the A/C.
It hooks into another small loom that runs to the pressure switch on the receiver/dryer. That small loom then returns 1 wire back to the A/C compressor.

Mark.

Have the same harness from Evans on the Demon. It's not plugged into anything on mine either. A/C sounds right though.

Mines hooked to the Electric Choke

That's a '73 up deal, the choke heater.

Best way to be 100% sure is to check it for voltage with the ignition on and the a/c controls off, if it's pulling full voltage then it's wired for the choke heater circuit.
If it pulls voltage with the blower and A/C engaged only, then it's for the A/C.

I don't know why a '72 harness would be wired for a choke heater?

Mark.

Don't know either, but it would sure be handy since "IT" has an Edelbrock with an electric choke on it. "IT" doesn't have A/C either, but I don't remember if I told the Evans' that or not.

All I really know is when I decide to part with this Duster, someone is gonna get a well sorted car. All the wiring (except the headlight wiring) is being replaced with NEW harnesses (yes even the dash harness), the seat covers are being replaced, seat belts are being replaced with factory units (thanks C), all the suspension is fresh, etc etc etc

I appreciate that, but it doesn't show an A/C compressor (unless I missed it) nor does it show a wire for the choke.

-
Back