72 fenders worth any?

-

oldpunko77

72 Dusta
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What are those 72 duster fenders going for today market?? Seems market is flop to me.

What are those 72 duster fenders going for today market?? Seems market is flop to me.
Dunno, but I'd have been interested possibly if We weren't on opposite sides of the country, but shipping today on those....yikes

The 72 is a one year only fender only because of the mounting tabs for the steel panel that attaches above the headlight buckets. If they are cut off, the fenders work for 73-76 cars too.
I've sold them for $100 before but that was years ago.
Cheers

Your prices are good, but you have to find someone local(ish) that needs the parts so you may not sell them right away. Shipping fenders isn't something anyone wants to do anymore.

When I sold the '74 fenders from my Duster I shipped them across the entire country via Greyhound. I don't exactly recall what they sold for but I was only asking $100 each, but I basically had to build crates to ship them. Crating and shipping them probably cost almost as much as the fenders and that was almost 10 years ago. Just wouldn't be worth it to ship that now.

Even at a great price they're just not something that will sell quickly unless by complete chance someone local needs them tomorrow. You only listed them a few days ago, I'm really not sure what you expect.

Your prices are good, but you have to find someone local(ish) that needs the parts so you may not sell them right away. Shipping fenders isn't something anyone wants to do anymore.

When I sold the '74 fenders from my Duster I shipped them across the entire country via Greyhound. I don't exactly recall what they sold for but I was only asking $100 each, but I basically had to build crates to ship them. Crating and shipping them probably cost almost as much as the fenders and that was almost 10 years ago. Just wouldn't be worth it to ship that now.

For A body fenders that can usually be found in every state, shipping them across country seems unusual. If someone needed them right away and didn't have the time to look at local sources, then sure...I can see that.
I've shipped stuff through Greyhound when the distance is far. I've shipped 71 Satellite fenders and doors to Tennessee, 67 Chrysler 300 bucket seats to Florida, 66 Dart fenders to Indiana...all through Greyhound. When something is needed and the availability isn't great, the shipping costs just blend in with the cost of the parts and you take what you can get.

The 72 is a one year only fender only because of the mounting tabs for the steel panel that attaches above the headlight buckets. If they are cut off, the fenders work for 73-76 cars too.

They kinda don't tho. There's a bolt on the front where the fender bolts to the firewall that is relocated on '73 and up. Not a real big deal but a dead giveaway that it's not the right fender.

'72 really is one-of-a-kind. Aside from that and the aforementioned tab is the difference in side marker lights. And the reason why AMD won't trouble themselves to repop them again. Too obscure and the '70-71 fender fits.

I’ve sold and shipped car hoods and doors through Fastenal 3rd party shipping, but they stopped shipping east of the Mississippi. It’s not all that cheap but it was reliable and safe and not really stupid expensive. Don’t know if greyhound still ships. I just buy dunnage lumber from fleetfarm or a lumber yard real cheap for the crate. Usually you can pick up 8ft 1x4 for a $1 each, frame, cover with scrap cardboard and fill inside voids with crumpled newspaper and chunks of styrofoam. Cardboard and styrofoam can be had at any appliance store. Usually takes me 2 hours to drywall screw and staple a crate together. I look at it as being part of the hobby, being creative and I’m not lazy.

Cheapest I’ve seen fenders go for is$150.00 and as much as $5-600 each depending on condition.

-
Back