72 pickup question

-

Colohusker

Reaction score
The son of my nephew just got a 72 Dodge 3/4 ton I think, it's a camper special Adventurer. Just curious what the lug pattern is on it. I think it's 8 lugs, but don't know the pattern and I'd like to pick up some different wheels for him, since it still has the original split rim wheels on it.

Thanks,
Scott

All US 8 lug patterns are the same, except that the center hole on some OEM wheels is too small for some vehicles (swapping.) I'm sure most aftermarket wheels are "universal."

Not ALL 8 lug wheels have the same pattern but most of the earlier ones do. They made quite a few offsets too so do some measuring if you plan on buying used wheels.

Yeah, the later Fords use a 170mm bolt pattern. I tried to put a set of 17" wheels off a 2004 Dodge 2500 on my '78 W200 and found the offset was too far inboard. If I had put a full load in the back, the tires would have rubbed the sides of the bed.

I'll see if I can measure in a couple of weeks when we head back to Nebraska for a visit, along with getting some pictures of the truck.

-
Back