72 radiator for a 68?

-

ratvon

Reaction score
Shirley someone has put a later model small block in a 68 and had to use a radiator with the inlet on the passenger side .....what radiator did you use?

You can get one for a 70 up A body with a small block.I got mine from Radiator Wearhouse. That's if you want a stock look.

I used a 70-up engine and used a 70-2 A body radiator with a 70-2 shroud. I have never used the 60's shroud on a 70's radiator so I can't answer that.

I used a 73 A/C rad with it's shroud in my 68 barracuda with a 71 360 and its late style front end.And I installed the biggest damn fan I could find; a 7 blader. And I used a thermostatic clutch fan from an early 2000 Ford pick-up.
No mods were required.
The factory waterpump couldn't keep up, so I replaced it with a Milodon hi-flo and matching thermostat.
And when that didn't seem enough, I cut holes in my hood. One big one to send fresh cold air into the carb, and a series of little ones under the factory hood inserts, which I then elevated as hi as they would go; these to let hot air out. badaBoom! no more hot running.

-
Back