72 Scamp Pro Street Build

-

Speedfreak

Reaction score
Hey all, So I just picked up a new project, trading over my 67 B body :( but I think it will be worth it! Here is the scamp I just bought. Has the 225 needs a dizzy to run, but I'm looking to drop in ether a 440BB or a 410SB stroker with a A-833 4-Speed Transmission, still on the fence about BB vs SB, any suggestions out there ? picture two is the look I'm going for, love the sublime - drool-

:burnout:
View attachment 33255787_614.jpg

View attachment 357948_13840275_1972_Plymouth_Scamp.jpg

I like the green too. Nice looking car. Good luck. In my opinion a built small block. I am building one of each. The BB is a lot of additional headache...to get the s/6 out and the BB in and do it right...you will be changing everything.

Thanks guys I think that a small block is going to be a better way to go, I am going for pro street look but I definitely want it to handle well and preform on the street and road courses not just the strip.

Regardless of motor size you will need to upgrade brakes and rear end. Bigger torsion bars and performance springs shocks! This is a cost regardless of which you choose a mild BB or a stout SB. You mention stroker SB well between a BB and a SB machining prices are going to be about the same. Both will need a good trans and good converter. Your going to need conversion mounts those are gonna cost either way. IMO the biggest differences will be... Cooling system and headers. Which for what you want those too will need upgraded regardless of what you choose. IMO you can reach 500hp in a stock stroke bb with good compression, cam selection, intake and carb. These are all things you would have to do to your small block but add in port work or alum heads and stroker kit. I do hear it cost more to go BB but really i dont think that is true. Anything you do suspension and brake wise needs to be done regardless.... BB is heavier yes but your already buying torsion bars. and last driveshaft you will need one of those. I gave $225 to my door for one. Well built and good price.

Check out my build thread in the link below. maybe you will find some info on what your doing.

Thanks ScampTramp! And I am planning doing all the suspension and brakes before even finally dropping in the motor, disc brakes all around, and a 8 3/4 rear end, and no expense spared for suspension work, I don't need a shitty ride with all are shitty roads haha. I am aware that I'm about to inject the majority of my income into this car for the next....oh probably all my years as a young adult haha! people have illusions of cheap builds, I realize I will probably have 30-40Gs into this car when I finally say "done" which I never am, my OCD makes me an attention ***** lol which costs more! I have many sink hole projects, but the love for them knows no sticker tag or cash sign XD

So I've been doing some research and some asking around leaning on the 408 stroker. Any owners with some pros and cons ? also not having much luck finding the kits online mostly 410 stroker kits, newb questions, whats the main difference other then the 2 cubic inches of stroke ? any good sites to look at ? thanks.

I believe that 2ci comes from bore. Some go 30 over some go 40. But not being a small block guy im cant be for certain.

I brought the Scamp home today , or rather had it towed to my grandparents. Super Exited :D a little nervous that the guy has yet to find all the papers but I have transfers signed, and he swears he has them :prayer:. Other then that I'm soo happy. What do you all think ?

View attachment SU6.jpg

View attachment SU5.jpg

View attachment SU.jpg

View attachment SU3.jpg

View attachment SU2.jpg

View attachment Su4.jpg

View attachment SU7.jpg

View attachment SU8.jpg

View attachment Untitled.jpg

View attachment SU9.jpg

Looks like a good project, a little worse than the pics in the ad show for rust, but hey, you got it for a good price. Did they change out the rear bumper? I thought it was dented in.

Looks like a good project, a little worse than the pics in the ad show for rust, but hey, you got it for a good price. Did they change out the rear bumper? I thought it was dented in.
I have an uncut radio bezel too, same as yours but not hacked up for a stereo if you are interested.

You know how it is haha pictures are always better on the add, but I checked it out of course before hand. And HECK YES I'm interested! where that picture go ?The bumper is smashed but he banged it out a bit , think it might be saveable.

You know how it is haha pictures are always better on the add, but I checked it out of course before hand. And HECK YES I'm interested! The bumper is smashed but he banged it out a bit , think it might be saveable.

I've got about 5 of those bumpers, and a couple radio bezels, however I just checked the one I have and it's for a later year. Notice the fan control moves up and down, where yours moves side to side. I'll check my other ones for the correct one though.

I do have ash trays, a couple stock radios, etc.

If you decide to get rid of your green interior to do another colour, let me know. I have green interior and would take it off your hands for spare parts.

What possesses folks to hack the dash like that?? Good Luck with your project....Have fun..

I've got about 5 of those bumpers, and a couple radio bezels, however I just checked the one I have and it's for a later year. Notice the fan control moves up and down, where yours moves side to side. I'll check my other ones for the correct one though.

Do you have the Dart bumper by chance? , I think like it better, if I'm going to switch anyhow.

View attachment Dart bumper.jpg

Your Scamp has the Dart bumper from 1970. Here's a picture of my 1970 Dart from the rear..

The one you pictured is 1971 - 73 Dart.

But you prefer the 4 tail light style? A friend of mine has a few of those, I'll see what he's doing with them.

Your Scamp has the Dart bumper from 1970. Here's a picture of my 1970 Dart from the rear..

The one you pictured is 1971 - 73 Dart.

But you prefer the 4 tail light style? A friend of mine has a few of those, I'll see what he's doing with them.

I am a 72 remember XD but okay thanks, I'm still deciding.

Your Dart is super clean! I love it.:thumblef:

-
Back