72 scamp roof repair question

-
Rust is generally worse than it first appears when you start getting into it. That area is the seam for the roof skin/quarter panel joint. If that hasn't been repaired before you might be able to get away with digging/grinding out the filler that is there, treat the rust with POR-15 or some similar rust preventive and refill the seam with some All-Metal or Fiberglass reinforced filler. If there's holes under there you will need to do some cutting and welding to fix it right.
Dallas

check out the members restorations. you may see the repair you need to make.

I showed that ad to my son in law, but he just bought a 65 barracuda... should be fixable, just depends like has been said, how much rust is under there... won't really know till you tear into it.

thanks for the info guys! looks like a key spot to fix right. I'd have to drive a couple hours to get to the car and not sure I'd be comfortable driving it on the freeway to get it home so still trying to decide what I'll do...

thats the factory seam. you won't know how bad it is until you get into it. could be an easy fix or can be a horrible fix.

3n33k13oc5O15P45S4a2d002791c5b31d1580.jpg

-
Back