72 scamp slant 6 efi turbo

-

dat280zx

Reaction score
been waiting to post till I was able to drive and that day has came. the build is a 72 scamp with I think a 80 slant six I rebuild 10 years ago head milled .060" cast pistons and comp cam. fuel and spark is handled by FAST XFI Sportsman. running air to water intercooler to cool the air from the cheap ebay turbo.

Attachments

• IMG_20140927_202005464.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_20140927_202026832.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,000
  • IMG_20140927_202050975.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,005
I'm looking for 8psi if the motor holds it, not going to race it just make a nice street car and maybe best my 21mpg I got with the 4barrel on it.

Wholly beautification, Batman. We are going to HAVE to have more and better photos, LMAO

It is both multiport but the computer doesn't support sequential so it batch fires 3cyl at a time. might be a little better pictures need a day when it stops raining here. all the coolers fit behind the grill with minor adjusting the manifold is a modified factory by cutting the heat riser off and welding a t3 flange to it. had to flip the power steering pulley and move the pump forward to the original a/c pulley to make room.

Attachments

• IMG_20150625_082347971.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_20150625_082330819.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_20150625_082300751.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 881
Awesome job you'll be amazed at the torque you'll have 8 pounds my car ran good 12 psi it ran even better. Tune and turn it up and keep tuning its my opinion with a good tune and 12 psi a slant can live a long time.
Keep us posted

I don't see turning the boost up past 8psi don't want to take that chance with 9:1CR and cast pistons.would like to drive it and tune it more but been waiting since march for AMD to get FT bumpers in. just finished looking through the data from my drive to gas station and got 5psi at 2000RPM and 38% throttle now to adjust kick down cable

Hello,
I have watching this post.Are there any updates on progress?
Could you tell me what the fuel injection set up is off of?
Is that custom or off the shelf. I too have a slant six that i would love to boost.
Going to continue to read before i commit.
Thanks

I am thinking the same. I want to boost mine as well for just a really great cruiser. Any kind of build/parts sheet/ info you could share as Youndart75 stated would be great.

I apologize for not updating much I have been driving it some but still waiting on AMD to make a ft bumper been on backorder since march. The efi is a fast sportsman xfi mpi universal kit and I cut and made the harnnes to fit. Unsure if the mpg is any better because it is to fun to rip around town. I'll be happy to answer questions I'm not the best at doing write-ups on my projects but happy to share

So the FAST XFI system is universal? Did they provide you with a 6 cylinder injector harness. Seems like most of their stuff is tailored to 8 cylinders. Also, how did you bolt the fuel rail to the intake manifold?

I used the xfi sportsman their universal harness is setup for 8 cyl but i trimmed the harness to fit my car and just eliminated 2 injector plugs. The fuel rail was a custom make I tig welded 2 hold downs on it to bolt to the intake

Attachments

• IMG_20160306_174804120.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 444
I used the xfi sportsman their universal harness is setup for 8 cyl but i trimmed the harness to fit my car and just eliminated 2 injector plugs. The fuel rail was a custom make I tig welded 2 hold downs on it to bolt to the intake

So the xfi system can be programmed to run a 6 cylinder? And it will work correctly by trimming off 2 injector plugs? Did you figure out how to do it on your own, or does the xfi kit provide special technical instructions?

If its batch fire, I dont think it cares what multiple you use. Although batch fire sounds like the entire rail going off at once, bank fire would be 2 channels. Sequential is really overkill as it only reduces emissions at idle. once your over about 2k, they all start running together anyway. Thats a cool build. Air/water intercooler is unique.

I use batch and bank fire universally it has 2 injector pulses so it fires 3 injectors then the other 3. The xfi instructions are like most racing parts they give you the basic info and you have to go from there but they have a good help line. I used the air to water intercooler so it would fit behind the grill and less piping to run in the engine bay

-
Back