72 Triple Black Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I tried to send you pics but got a failure notification. Please pm me your e-mails guys and I will get you any pics you need.

Mark....you and I think a lot alike...I asked to send me some....none yet!
You let the last one pass
Jim

Jim, I thought you were hot on the Demon also?.... I did send him an e-mail out of e-bay but didn't get a reply..... win some loose some. When do I get to see the Dart in person?

Jim, I thought you were hot on the Demon also?.... I did send him an e-mail out of e-bay but didn't get a reply..... win some loose some. When do I get to see the Dart in person?

I did call him direct....but he had just finalized the sell a few hours earlier. I didn't ask him what the selling price was, but I told him I would have given him his asking price....he just sighed.
We are always at the Norwin Hills Saturday Night Cruise....so you will have to stop over again. Or if something is close to your part of town.

I did call him direct....but he had just finalized the sell a few hours earlier. I didn't ask him what the selling price was, but I told him I would have given him his asking price....he just sighed.
We are always at the Norwin Hills Saturday Night Cruise....so you will have to stop over again. Or if something is close to your part of town.

When is this cruise? Thats right down the road from me....

EDIT:

Ok, duh..Saturdays. But I meant when do they start.....time and date?

Here are a few more pics of the cars interior and stuff.

B.ack car interior.jpg

black car trunk #2.jpg

Black cars engine #2.jpg

Look at the pedals in the shot of the interior. This car had 64,000 miles on it when redone. Now it has about 67,000 on it and the condition of the pedal rubber looks right for that milage. For those of you requestion pics they are coming. I've been on my back the last day or two sick. I'm on the mend. Thanks for your interest.

Look at the pedals in the shot of the interior. This car had 64,000 miles on it when redone. Now it has about 67,000 on it and the condition of the pedal rubber looks right for that milage. For those of you requestion pics they are coming. I've been on my back the last day or two sick. I'm on the mend. Thanks for your interest.

Is this Vic's car or small blocks car?

I have to question the whole pedal rubber thing.

If someone was out to hose someone, how hard would it be to get newer looking rubber to replace old worn ones?

EDIT 3/3/09 1:47 pm:

Are they available in aftermarket or NOS?

Not inferring that here. This particular car , as I have noted earlier, seems to be a sweeeeeeeeeet ride.

have just run into a number of folks selling cars lately using the pedal thing as a way to "prove" low mileage...I get there to look at it and then its a real POS that clearly has more miles on it than the pedal seems to "show"

So rather than calling them liars I kept it to myself and just agreed with hem...but it started making me wonder seriously --- Is this really all that accurate?

After what I have been seeing I just wonder how many people use this as a real gauge when shopping for a car?

SHADANGO !!! Put the crack pipe down and look what and who you're questioning. I really don't think you're questioning my integrity. 1879 post here on this board and granted i always check and see how many post one has when researching a part or car. HELLO !!!! I'll agree there are those that would consider changing the pedal pads to maybe gain $50 in a sale of a used car. You're barking up the wrong tree with this dude. Too many people here have dealt with me in a favorable fashion and NO ONE has EVER been screwed by me in any way, shape, or form. This car belongs to Me, Small Block. Vic Storm has helped me build this car from ground up. Hell Vic drove to Georgia with me to get this car from Lorance. Then we drove to Savanna and bought shrimp and loaded four coolers full and placed them in the trunk of this Duster on the trailer and headed home. I'm so friggin ignorant that i'm not familiar on how to post pictures on this site so Vic does it for me BUT i'm not so friggin ignorant that i have to replace pedal pads on a car to make a sale. I'd give you this car long before i would ever try and screw you over it. Ever notice how difficult is is to type when you're pissed off. YOU cannot buy this car. Your check book will NEVER be large enough. FINAL ANSWER !!!

looking good small block:) sell that one then you can help me sell my 74 360 duster. it is supposed to be going to canada for $14000 but the guy is taking his time on it.

I have to question the whole pedal rubber thing.

If someone was out to hose someone, how hard would it be to get newer looking rubber to replace old worn ones?
Bill (SmallBlock) is for sure 1 of the many names on my list of members here that warrant nothing less than 100% trust. Ive talked to shadango a number of times while he has been looking at various cars to possibly buy and hes come across as a SUPER nice guy so when I first read his post here I was really thinking (and hoping) it was more of a "general" question because of all hes been through weeding out a nice car to buy. The placement of the question wasnt the best because it for sure could come across as an accusation, but again I hope that wasnt the case. Small Block is always the first to chime in to donate parts, a space heater, or money to someone in need, so the last thing he would do is replace the rubber on a peddle to make a sale.

I sure hade a great time at MMW this year. Your 72 is Sweet

:) Black cars...LOVE EM! Had a black motorcycle for a time...black and chrome.....GORGEOUS look.....but man they are hard to keep clean! This one looks spectacular, body and paint wise. Must have taken hours and hours to make it that perfect.....

8)

OK, my 2 cents. I laughed at the pedal rubber reference only because it struck me as funny. After thinking about it I concluded that it may be a way to help determine approximate mileage. I also thought Shandango's question was good one and never thought he was implying that the rubber was changed in this car, just a general question. I also believe you boy's need to take a "chill pill" or have a few Labatt Blue's! Now this car looks beautiful and I happen to need, want a 72.........But, now don’t fly of the handle, but I believe in my heart that a lot of car guys spend to much money on cars that will never get them the return (return=cash) they want. Wrong year, model, equipment etc.........I bought, from this web site, an original 1970 Duster with 24,000 original miles, 6 cyl, 3 speed on the floor, rubber mat, radio delete car, small wrinkle on left front fender but all original paint for 6200.00 and I feel I over paid but I am happy to have it. It will get a big block, Hemi maybe, and a 4 or 5 speeds depending on my cash flow...and a few other updates.
Now why did I buy it...... because it is the perfect car for what I like to do! Flat hood, 4 sp big block A bodies......What does all this rambling mean? it means I would like to offer you 9800.00 for your 72. It may not be enough for you but it's what I think the car is worth to me...8)

I, for one, will not slam Shadango. He is admittedly new to Mopars and he asks a lot of valid questions for someone in that position. If you have been following his threads, he has really been beating the bushes for a fair amount of time trying to purchase the right car for what he has in mind for a project. Above all, his posts have always been very polite.

His question about the pedal rubbers was one of great interest 20 years ago, after factory stocks had run out and no repops were made. I know of people who ran back the odometer with electric drills to make it look like they drove only down the block once per year.

Assuming Shadango's character from his previous posts, I would never suspect that he would accuse a longstanding Member of such a thing. I think it was more of a conversational question. This is just my opinion.

I would like to offer you 9800.00 for your 72. It may not be enough for you but it's what I think the car is worth to me...8)

Now thats more in line of what a "318" car is worth...

Very nice car and "worth" the asking price by virtue of the restoration in my opinion. I build my own cars as do a lot of you and you know how much it costs to do so. I'm sure I'd be way ahead buying this instead of building mine but it's easier to slip the expenses by the wife quietly building it :-D

As an aside I was going to paint mine sublime unless the vinyl top had to go back on in which case it was going to be black on black, nice to see a perfect example of one :-D

Late to the party, but..

I hope my duster looks half as good some day. Beautiful car.

Good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back