72 valiant front ends.

-

Speedfreak

Reaction score
Okay I hope this isn't a repost, I swear I posted this last night but after much searching its gone :wack: I wasn't exactly sober though at the time so who knows what happened :eek:ops: :puke: LOL!

Anyway , I wanted to say hello to everyone again as I have been to busy to be on the forums lately :sad3: and I'm sorry for responding so late to some of you about badges and such.
Anyhow my burning question of the day is, how come most 72 Scamps share this front (picture A) like mine, while some claim matching 72 numbers with this front end, like the 73's(picture B) and I got the second picture from Barrett Jacksons website and it claims all original numbers matching 72 scamp. Is this a product of a change late in the year ? thanks!.

View attachment 33255829_614.jpg

View attachment 44381_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

They're either full of **** because the 2nd pic is a '73, or they swapped front clips to a '73/'74.

This was my feeling Mike, I tried to contact Barrett Jackson for questioning but no luck, my guess is its not really original and a front clip swap was done like you said.

People probably see that the car was made in 72, via the door sticker, even though its a 73 model. Common mistake on all cars if the owner doesn't know any better. However, that yellow car looks like it has the earlier doors on it, so it probably had a 73/74 front clip thrown on. Or the doors changed?

People probably see that the car was made in 72, via the door sticker, even though its a 73 model. Common mistake on all cars if the owner doesn't know any better. However, that yellow car looks like it has the earlier doors on it, so it probably had a 73/74 front clip thrown on. Or the doors changed?

Good point! when I worked at quick lubes people always argued the year when we read there door sticker, and I would have to explain how buying a car works :banghead: And didn't catch the differences between the doors , mind pointing it out ? :cheers:

yep, I have a 70 front end on my 74 scamp, because I like them better:D

I would say most people do...thats why its so odd to see a later front end on a older car
unless they did it to look slower in a stock class?
(make people think it is a lower power motor)

-
Back