727 cooler line fitting size

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
after fighting and trying to fit stock trans cooler lines around headers, starter, etc. ive decided to run Jegs 6AN lines and fittings to the radiator and cooler. What is the size of the fittings in the transmission case? The radiator is 1/8 NPT. I have both 1/8 NPT X 6AN and 1/4 NPT X 6AN fittings. Do they just thread into the trans case with a little teflon tape with no problems, or do i need to do anything special?

swinger 271.jpg

swinger 272.jpg

swinger 264.jpg

Good idea on going to the braided line and fittings. The fittings that go into the transmission are also 1/8" NPT so you should be good to go!

Like stated above the trans is also 1/8". I just ordered my fittings this week. I will be doing this exact same thing. The only place I could figure to run the lines is where the stock lines went. I did however buy a DEI heat sleeve to help with the extra heat running it by the headers.

I am however having a hard time figure out where to run the lines to the front for the cooler.

That's me as well, I've been scratching my head on this one. Where did you get the heat sleeve?

I found it on Summits website. I ordered 1" which when I measured up my -6PTFE tubing it would fit. Im not sure if you are using regular braided, if so it may have a larger diameter. The next size up is 1.25". If you have the tubing in hand just measure across 2 tubes side by side. Here is a link

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dei-010419/overview/

Oh and as far as getting the lines to the front of the radiator. I think Im going to drill 2 holes on the drivers side of the lower core support and use grommets. I have nothing in that area so lots of room.

-
Back