727 dust shield

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If your racing at the track on teck insp do you have to have the lower dust shield cover on you 727 transmission or can you leave it off.
MAYBE thinking to much but since the trans vent is on the front pump will the air rushing in to the bell housing cause the fluid to get forced
out of the dip stick tube with out the dust cover on ? Al ways ran a stick first auto track car . THANKS

If your racing at the track on teck insp do you have to have the lower dust shield cover on you 727 transmission or can you leave it off.
MAYBE thinking to much but since the trans vent is on the front pump will the air rushing in to the bell housing cause the fluid to get forced
out of the dip stick tube with out the dust cover on ? Al ways ran a stick first auto track car . THANKS

I have done over 100 for a couple of hours without the shield with no issues if that answers your question.

No idea what tech says about it.

I suspect the vast majority of track cars don't have the dust shields in place.

We do NOT run the shields on our race cars and have not for
50 years.
Never found an adverse problem from doing that.

Most never used them because the early cars had a larger diameter converter and flex plate and when used with a smaller Diameter flex plate for an after market stall converter the the larger 7/16 bolts would rub the shield due to the groove in the shield for bolt clearance is at the wrong place

No its not needed. but a blanket or case shield is.

We do NOT run the shields on our race cars and have not for
50 years.
Never found an adverse problem from doing that.
We run a bunch of National and Divisional races all over the Western US with at least four cars
and if the was a need for us to use it, the National and Divisional Tech guys would have
let us know.

Thanks to all that info .i was hopping that was the case didn't want to use the shield just in the way.

-
Back