727 in 69 dart

-

darkdart

Reaction score
will a 69 727 fit in a 69 dart gt that came with a 6 cyl . i have a 69 polara with 80000 original miles that runs great but have heard that the tunnel may be to small for a 727.didnt this come factory with them?

Fit with no problem...340s in 68 and 69 darts came with 727 from the factory...

will a 69 727 fit in a 69 dart gt that came with a 6 cyl . i have a 69 polara with 80000 original miles that runs great but have heard that the tunnel may be to small for a 727.didnt this come factory with them?
The transmission is fine, but your K member has to go, as well as the dinky rearend, and you need a shorter driveshaft than the 904 had. Remember, a duster driveshaft is shorter than a dart, so having one made is the logical route. then, worry about the different yoke sizes between the driveshaft and rear end. then, do you have big enough brakes? Slant six darts mostly had nine inch brakes, not good even going up hill! If that is a 383 polara then there are more concerns as well. Exhaust, then The kickdown linkage, and torsion bar diameter. then, look for a sway bar. Without one, you will be all over the road. I hope I didn't discourage you too much. a small block is much easier, if that helps.

The transmission is fine, but your K member has to go you can use swap mounts, as well as the dinky rearend you can use it til you swap to a 8.25 or 7.25, and you need a shorter driveshaft than the 904 had. Remember, a duster driveshaft is shorter than a dart, so having one made is the logical route. then, worry about the different yoke sizes between the driveshaft and rear end. then, do you have big enough brakes? Slant six darts mostly had nine inch brakes, not good even going up hill! The 9" drums aren't that bad 10" ones are much better If that is a 383 polara then there are more concerns as well. Exhaust, then The kickdown linkage, and torsion bar diameter. then, look for a sway bar exhaust isn't to terrible, torsion bars are okay I know of many guys running BBs on S6 bars and the kick down isn't a problem use a floor shifter. Without one, you will be all over the road a sway bar isn't 100% needed but can help. I hope I didn't discourage you too much. a small block is much easier, if that helps.

thanks for the info just a 318 till i find a 340 and more money but it will put me on the road glad i joined

everyone I've done went right in no massaging needed

BTW: Consider this. A 340 that's worn out will cost you nearly as much as a stroker kit to make your 318 into a 390 cubic inch screamer that'll easily stand toe to toe with a stout 340 for the same or less money.

everyone I've done went right in no massaging needed

BTW: Consider this. A 340 that's worn out will cost you nearly as much as a stroker kit to make your 318 into a 390 cubic inch screamer that'll easily stand toe to toe with a stout 340 for the same or less money.

X2 and a well built 904 will save you a lot of BS and can be very stout so don't rule them out.

X2 on the 318 stroker, for maybe even less a 360 built to 400 plus hp with no stroker might be another option.

-
Back