727 in a 66 cuda

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
Can/How would this be done? The Low Milage (22,500 Miles) Motor, I bought, has the Tranny still attached(Same Mileage) it is a 727. I have heard mixed opinioms on weather or not this tranny will fit in my car, as it is a 904 car?

I have a line on a free 904 of unknown condition, but I know this is a good tranny. Is it a lot of work to get it to fit?

727 in an early a is tight fit, requires a little tunnel bashing in the best case scenerio. What engine? A 904 works great for a small block car and fits like a glove. You can build up a 904 to handle a healthy 360, thats what I did in mine and the 904 works great.

i had a 727 with a 340 in a 66 b cuda once upon a time,,, all i had to do was snip and bend or bash the seam in the tunnel down,or flatten it,
the next problem will be the kick down linkage,,unles you still have the 1966 stuff,,,the easiest way out of the kick down linkage problem is to convert to a cable kick down lokar makes the for the street rod world,, and in the mopar magazines a company called,,,(i wont speel it correctly) bushlon industires ,,,they make pulleys,brackets and cable kick down for mopars,,,also the late 80;s early 90;s ram durangos and dakotas all used cable kick down,,you may be able to find one in a yard,,and adapt it to your carb,,,

low mileage engine and 727 is well worth the little trouble to make it fit,,

-
Back