727 pan and gasket

-

rustycowll69

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been covered, but I was changing out the auto trans(518) fluid and filter on my new (to me) 02 ram 2500 2wd 5.9L Magnum, today. I was (pleasantly)surprised that the trans pan appears to be about an inch deeper than the old, traditional 727 pan that I was familiar with. And as a bonus, I found that it had an oem Mopar REUSABLE gasket. The trans was bone dry, so it was obviously sealing great. The gasket appears to be about an 1/8" thick black-colored plastic, w/ integral grommets around all the bolt holes, and two 1/16" thick beads of factory applied silicone. All this on both sides of gasket.
The pan is stamped with the part numbers: for "reusable gasket 02464324AC" and "pan 52118780AC".
I googled the numbers, and they are still good. They go for about $30 each, and they might be a worthwhile replacement for some guys. I know I enjoyed the crap out of not having to scrape off the old gasket, and not having to pry off the pan, because some PO glued it on with a hefty bead of silicone rubber.

Yeah, they sell this pan and gasket under a mopar performance part number. Even comes with new bolts.

-
Back