727 problem

-

cudadreamer

Reaction score
Hi ,
I put a rebuilt 727 trans in my car from a very respectible trans builder,has some upgrades.forword valve body with shift kit.Ran good with stock linkage.Slap stick.removed stock linkage for Hurst Quarter Stick.seamed to shift correct when not running.started car on stands and seams all I get is forword tire rotation in all gears.disconnected shifter moved lever manually and same thing.Could I have removed something I shouldn`t have.I have no kickdown yet.Have Lokar kick down to put on later.Any ideas?I`m lost.

Thanks Alan

all forward gears but no reverse

drop pan and look at rear servo or rear band...one of those is not working..

1st need to take a look and see why you got no reverse.........

Iill pull pan and take a look.Got a email in to trans builder,but hasnt got back to me on reverse issue.thanks Guys!I got a place to start.

I would have said to check the shift linkage but you moved the shift lever by hand

got a a hold of builder.had me feel and listen for clicks.Had 5 moves and all clicked.I put it in park directly by hand and rear wheels turned over as many time as i tried to rotate them.I thought park was mechanical too.I`m talking to builder tomorrow again.If its bad he said he would make it right.Sucks to pull out and put in again.Oh well.I dont want to mess up warranty .Ill keep you up on what goes on .Thanks to all that had ideas.

Thanks Alan

if it is in park...can you turn the driveshaft...not the wheels.....

If you have an open differential (not a sure-grip) you will be able to turn the tires by hand with the trans in park if the wheels are off the ground. Reason is, the open differential will let the opposite wheel your turning spin the opposite way. Check to see if it's in park like Tony just said by trying to turn the driveshaft or set it down on the ground and try to push it

did not try drive shalf.have 4.30 posi.both turn.drive shalf turns when wheels turn.Didn`t try on ground to push.Wheels should lock off ground or on right?

did not try drive shalf.have 4.30 posi.both turn.drive shalf turns when wheels turn.Didn`t try on ground to push.Wheels should lock off ground or on right?

If the driveshaft turned when you turned the wheels it's obvious the parking circuit isn't working. The only thing I can think of is if the shift shaft broke inside so when you turn it it's not turning anything else. If you drop the pan you should be able to check that out easily

-
Back